• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

CAPTAIN'S LOG 00476

Sign in to follow this  
spursrule14

NMUSpidey

yes, i promise they're sc4 images! and the only boundary left i can think to cross would be to somehow figure out how to take sc4 pics and turn them into street level views like cities xl.........! i'll leave that one up to you! haha

SimCoug

yes, LOTR, and the drum beats were from tron: legacy!

Tekindus

...to spursrule14 ;) [crowd erupts in cheers]

Wiecher

yes, i was trying to give the effect that the viewer is slowly descending down to the surface with the rest of the crew!!

Huston

"Huston," we have a problem. LOL...sorry, just couldn't resist saying that ;)

mystic_destiny, ggamgus, emperordaniel, Schulmanator, IL, Bipin, Hazani Pratama, Mastof

thank you all!

aw2banner.png

THE ABYSS

CAPTAIN'S LOG

NUMBER: 00476

EARTH DATE: JULY 12, 2084

MISSION DATE: DAY 3901

PLEASE VIEW IN HD AND FULL-SCREEN FOR BEST EXPERIENCE

"We made it...and not a moment too soon. We need a breath of fresh air, even if there is no air to breathe anyway. Still, there's something about this place that disturbs me. I feel as if we have found an island somewhere in the middle of an ocean, and although we can dry off, all directions still look the same.

We've been spending the last few days sending HEX scouts across the barren and small landscape, looking for anything of interest. I was hoping to find a pyramid...that seems to be what we're best at doing. I was hoping one would point the way, like the others did. But we may be in a time and place where pyramids have never been conceived of. So we must continue to do what we have done for the past decade...anywhere we go will be our home..someway...somehow.

We found a flat and empty spot where we could land the Hubble, and I gave the go-ahead. Since we have now touched ground and are in a fixed position relative to these alien stars, we will begin to analyze them and compare their magnitudes to all known stars in our database. What happens after that...well, I have no idea."

-Capt. Drake S. Eastman, U.S.S. Hubble

DON'T FORGET TO RATE & COMMENT! REPLIES WITH NEXT UPDATE..

CLICK TO VIEW IMAGES FULL-SIZE

NEED TO CATCH UP ON THE STORY? PLEASE VISIT

ALIEN WORLDS

The sequel to the 2011 Best Sci-Fi CJ

aw2sigsmall.png

NOW SHOWING AT A SIMTROPOLIS NEAR YOU

----------------------------------------------------------

A City in Winter|Alien [|] Worlds|Alien [||] Worlds 2|Arrowhead|Best of the Best! - Weekly Edition (U VOTE!)|Dreams..

Sign in to follow this  

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

Breathaking. This is breathtaking. You are breaking through your own ceiling every update!

Can I do an small suggestion? Maybe you could add subtitles to the video or transcript what the narrator says in the update? That would be a great help for the non-natives like me and would help you to reach a wider audience, just a thought...

Share this comment

[quote name='TekindusT' timestamp='1346760485']
Breathaking. This is breathtaking. You are breaking through your own ceiling every update!

Can I do an small suggestion? Maybe you could add subtitles to the video or transcript what the narrator says in the update? That would be a great help for the non-natives like me and would help you to reach a wider audience, just a thought...
[/quote]
[color=#58534B][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(241, 239, 235)]Good suggestion! I will start adding a transcript, and will go ahead and add one to this entry and the first entry as well.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Share this comment

Nice entry :D
Can't wait to see some artifacts or ruins or more interresting developement of the story.

It would be nice if you develope your entries more in your next entries sometime, like using some space stations and etc... perhaps a contact with home (Earth) or maybe establishing a base on a habitable planet and meeting some primitive in life-style humonoids or something :D

Share this comment

This is great! The way you build the story just makes me want to time travel and see all future updates.

Just one thing, sometimes the music is too loud for me to hear what you are saying in the video.

Share this comment

[color=#58534B][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][img]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/733/bestofthebestsmall.jpg[/img][/size][/font][/color]
[i][b][font='comic sans ms', cursive]CONGRATULATIONS!! THIS ENTRY WON [url="http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/2774/entry-18216-week-11-91012-91612/"]BEST OF THE BEST! - WEEKLY EDITION[/url] FOR THE CATEGORIES [color=#0000FF]PHOTOSHOPPED, STORY[/color][/font][/b][/i]

Share this comment