Confluence Region

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Establishing Homestead

grstudios

confluencetitlecard.jpg

Join in for another update of Confluence Region.

This update will continue last week's focus on the new residents of the region. As you will see, the settlement has been successful, and drew more people in...

/////////////////////////////////

Replies:

SimCoug: Yep! And after the 'nice start' they have managed to be based there... :D

kakado_to_save: Thanks! You'll find that the stories are quite familar to you, if you had listened to your history teacher hehe.

ggamgus, Hazani Pratama: Thank you very much! Great to see awesome followers like you guys, everytime... It always keeps me motivated.

Jeroentje: Appriciated, yet I didn't start now, but in July. I thought that the 'nature sculpting' updates will last for a week or two, but found that my perfectionism won't let me that. :blush:

Aaron Graham: Thanks! Your stuff is wonderful too.

JKRMC: I aspire to follow CSGDesign's method of Natural Development, yet I mix it with history. Patience is a small factor at my perspective, I would rather pick passion as the #1 driving factor. :golly:

Kinderly: Three words - Thank you, sir!

Benedict: New SorGun is a continuous source of insipration to me. I absolutely love it. I try my best not to copy it too much, so Confluence can stay unique. ;)

Establishing Homestead:

It's late 1878. The four founding men - Goodman, Solomon, Barnett and Katz - have been relying on regular shippments of supplies for about 6 months. At the start, dissatisfaction was significant to the group, due to the remote location of their camp.

Only one man, Joel M. Solomon - who was the leader of the group - was certain that they will succeed.

He sailed numerous times back to the old land, in order to partipicate on "Gateway to Hope" assemblies, and has successfully convinced 12 people to join the effort of establishing the first settlement on the new region, now called Confluence region.

homesteadsolomon.jpg

Two years later, in the summer of 1880, a bystander could not guess that the small camp would develop to its current state.

The first 12 people drew more and more settlers to Homestead, and begun working to make it suitable their needs:

The nearby trees were cut for firewood and building huts for the founders and married couples; Imported maize and barley took roots at the lush soil to feed the growing needs for food, without relying on the weekly shipments; And the small creek to the east turned into the permanent water source.

oldhomstead1880.jpg

Up next are some rare photos from the early years of Homestead.

homestead1.jpg

homestead3fixed.jpg

homestead2.jpg

Homestead Colony, 1880:

This mosaic is big - Beware! ^_^

homesteadgiantmosaic.jpg

Next update will focus on the development of Homestead, this time with more details and at zoom 5!

Thanks for watching/commenting!

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

I always love reading CJs that instead start from when the cities are built up, go from the very beginning.

In other words I have to follow this journal! ;)

Share this comment

Wow! Just saw my CJ in the #8 spot of Ben's Top Ten list.... I wish to thank you all for the support and the respect... From the bottom of my heart - toda! (תודה - thank you in hebrew)
Have an awesome weekend, and I hope to see you on my next Confluence update!
Yours,
Guy (grstudios)

Share this comment