• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

New SorGun

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Replies + Teaser

SimCoug

newsorgunrepliesbanner.jpg

Replies to the last Teaser

Jacob Guajardo: Can't wait for me

Thanks - hope it was worth it.

dubaidude303: Oooo can't wait!

Thanks!

Fox: Nice job .. I look forward to getting a History lesson when ever I view your CJ .. lol

Can't wait to see more pictures inspired from real photos.. I know it's going to be amazing.

Thanks Fox! I really enjoy history, so it is fun to combine a couple of my favorite hobbies :)

megie: I can not wait to see more.I look forward to more & more & more.

Thanks for the comment - hope you enjoyed the update.

sucram17: can't wait!

Thanks.

jephonesewarrior: Yes! I love Civil War stuff!

Me too!

NMUSpidey: North! North! North! North! North! North! North! North!

EDIT: I wish I could edit my post directly, anyways: it is really easy to praise your cj when it so obviously earned it.

Thanks Spidey!

Replies to The American Civil War

dubaidude303: Oh my goodness, I just fell out of my chair! Amazing work you guys! Can't wait for the next update!

Thanks! I fell out of my chair the first time I saw Kakado's edited images

Evillions: You got me hooked! :D This is probably the first Civil War scene I seen in a CJ. Nicely done as well.

It may well be - I'm surprised because there are some great civil war props available.

Mithrik: :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Thanks Mithrik!

ggamgus: The BEST conflict entry I've ever seen since Kakado's WWII entries.

P.S. You will NOT succeed, Jefferson Davis!

P.P.S. This music goes great with it, I think:

Thanks ggamgus! After I saw Kakado's WWII entry, I knew I had to see if he would help out with this project and thankfully he was on board. By the way, I love that music!

VMIUJcadet09: Absolutely stunning visuals! I really like your concept of a Civial War CJ, I intend to follow this closely.

A special request: Maybe you can do the Battle of New Market from the Shenandoah Valley Campaign. My alma mater (VMI) fought in the battle as a Confederate unit under Stonewall Jackson and drove the Union Army northwards away from New Market and Harrisonburg. 5 stars and a thumbs up are definitely warranted for this CJ, I love it!

Thanks for the kind comment! Unfortunately this is just going to be a two part special to cover this important event. New SorGun will undoubtedly be affected by the Civil War, so we will head back west after the war and see how thing are going.

Hazani Pratama: War.

Yes, it was.

MilitantRadical: Hey SimCoug, amazing recreations of those pictures. Absolutely stunning, 5/5.

Thanks!

Jacob Guajardo: Wow this is great work you got great details in your work.5 stars

Thank you Jacob - Kakado really made these images come alive.

Schulmanator: Very good! I am glad you chose to do it and I am very pleased with the outcome!

Thank you Schulmanator!

LastTrueChamp: Dude! This is so cool! :O

Thank you!

NMUSpidey: Awesome, as well as all the above praise that has been heaped upon it. You guys are amazing.

Thanks for you constant support!

Jetty Jockey: WOW ! I'm at a loss for words that do this entry justice, so I'll stand by my initial reaction.. WOW ! Incredible work, guys. So life like and full of action. Can't wait to see what Gettysburg holds for us.

Thanks Jetty. I really think Kakado's editing adds the action feeling - I couldn't have recreated that with just the static SC4 pics. As for Gettysburg, scroll down for a teaser.

Kevenbro: This,,,is...BROtastic!!!

Finally, a BROtastic! I've been trying to get that for a while now :)

Fox: Amazing .. it's all I can say..

Thanks Fox!

hahei: SUPERB! Just a message for kakado, CAN YOU PLEASE DO SOME PHOTOSHOPPING FOR ME? Please?

I saw him first :) And I've seen you editing skills, and you can hold your own :)

emperordaniel: Left speechless am I.

Thank you for the nice comment.

zimmie: Unbelievable man. It just keeps getting better and better!

Thanks zimmie.

grstudios: Whoa! So accurate recreations! I LOVE this. Waiting anxiously for the next update. Great collab.!

Thanks - I couldn't have done it without Kakado's help.

halenbyname: Great stuff you guys. The bar has really been raised with this Cj. It's a good perspective of the war!.

Thank you! It was one of most important events in American history, so I felt I needed to address it in New SorGun - thanks to Kakado, I was able to do it some justice.

spursrule14: brilliant. especially the 3rd picture..perfect placement of everything...WOW!!!!! it's moments like this that I remember why I like looking at everybody's entries and doing best of the best!

Thanks spursrule! I am especially proud of that pic - I think I was able to recreate it the most accurately.

Mastof: Great Show!

Thanks Mastof!

Finally, a little preview of the second and final part of the American Civil War special presentation.

(click for full size)

Update%2019%20-%20teaser.jpg?dl=1

13 Comments

Recommended Comments

Beautiful... :D

I have a request (more like a challenge, actually). Can you recreate the Battle of the Crater?

I would love to see that battle. If you don't know what it is, it involves Union troops detonating explosives beneath Confederate defenses in Virginia... :D

Share this comment

I'm certainly looking forward to this. Are you researching this for school? Is there a special reason you're putting this together other than enjoyment? It's good, either way!

Share this comment

You can't tease us like this! No, no, no!!!! I hope that entry is soon.

Share this comment

One would think that the Pacific Northwest would be pretty well insulated from events back east at this point in time, what with no transcontinental railway ( still under construction) or telegraph service. I'll be curious to see what's going on back in New SorGun during this period.

Share this comment

Well, I posted this on the first part of the civil war special, but I didn't know there's a new post - so i'll post this here too: (hope I didn't annoy you)
[color=#58534B][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What are the various bushes you're using in the Bull Run picture? As a fan of flora, i've searched for bushes, yet haven't found any except VIP bushes...[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#58534B][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]I am talking specifically about the red blossoming bush, the yellow bush and that one with the white flowers on it. Some of the plain bushes are also welcomed...[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#58534B][font='Open Sans', Tahoma, Geneva, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]If you share this with i'll thank you greatly![/size][/font][/color]

Share this comment

@grstudios: I don't mind at all. Most of those bushes are seasonal flora. Here are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head:
-[b][url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2685"]C.P. Vol1 Seasonal Flora[/url][/b] by Lowkee
[b]-[url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2791"]C.P. Vol2 Seasonal Flora[/url][/b]
-[b][url="http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26806-vip-ruralpack/"]VIP Rural Pack[/url][/b]

Don't forget the required dependencies, including the seasonal flora patch (if you don't already have it)

Share this comment