• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Museo Nacional de Arte and Southern Station

SC4L0ver

Replies:

To all people asking for the giant building: It actually exists, and it's in Madrid, and here's a pic to prove it:

e3752572-5f8e-4b0b-9dcb-0068e096ea6f.jpg

And the SC4 version you can find it here: http://descargas.capitalsim.net/?sitio=csc&descarga=1075

Evillions: Thank you!! :golly:

k50: Thanks!

Hazani Pratama: Thank you

Adjiebrotot: Thanks!! Those are custom textures made by me

ehs: Thank you!!

TekindusT: I think it looks like a barrel... :P Thank you!!

sucram17: Thank you!! :golly:

grstudios: Thank you!! Pedmalls are custom lotted. I may release them in the future, but they have a lot of dependencies

testuser1234: Thank you!!!

MisterRisk1: Thank you!!!

I. Lostalim: Pic and link are above.

hackinosa: I was thinking more of Plaza Callao, since Vía San Carlos is based in the Gran Vía but thanks!!

City Builder 9111: Thank you!! Link of building is above

newyorka: The road is an eyecandy custom lot (unreleased) and side parking (the one with the black cars) is part of the building (my lotted tweaked version)

golpes_secos: Gracias!!! De momento hay Nueva Iberia para mucho :D

kergelen: Thank you!!! Is an honour to be compared with Kelis :D You will find this update in CSC too! :golly:

Well... As I said before, today we visit the Museo Nacional de Arte (National Museum of Art) and the Southern Station.

Here, an overview of the museum

museo1.jpg

The museum is a major attraction for tourists. We can see long queues in front of the main door.

museo2a.jpg

The Parque del Mediodía, behind the museum

parque1j.jpg

It's a good day to sunbathe in the lawn...

parque2d.jpg

The Glorieta de la Estación (Station roundabout) and underpass

glorieta.jpg

The Southern Station, built in the XIXth century and one of the largest in the country

estacion1.jpg

The main entrance, at the side

estacion2s.jpg

In 2000, a new building was built behind the old station, to cope with the increasing number of people using it

estacion3.jpg

El Andén Restaurant ("The Platform"), one of the best known restaurants of the place

tiopepe.jpg

Near the new station, a hotel was built, but there was a lot of controversy with it because of its height, being close to the historic district.

estacion4.jpg

Credits for JENXParis for the Gare d' Orsay (SC4D LEX) and JEC for the Estação do Oriente (very tweaked), at STEX; and Debussyman for the Berlin Zeughaus (museum).

Hope you liked it! :golly:

12 Comments

Recommended Comments

I had to be shocked in order to wake from the stroke i got watching this update...
This is so amazing. Truly the maximum that SC4 can be.
And how the heck did you weave that RHW underpass so diligently into the city? I remove my hat to you.

Share this comment

Is all of this functional or just eye-candy? Nevertheless, this looks amazing! I like your choice of buildings, very nice.

Share this comment

on the last picture above on the left side there's a tower, that tower is the tallest building in my hometown XD this is the real one:

[url="http://www.afanja.nl/blog2008/081225-1625.jpg"]http://www.afanja.nl/blog2008/081225-1625.jpg[/url]

btw beautiful use of the madrit building style

Share this comment