• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Intermission : Reality Check 2

Sign in to follow this  
Jetty Jockey

header.jpg

There have been eight updates since the last reality check. Time again to compare my Sim version of Cape May County against the real thing . Dennis Township is now complete, as are the towns of Woodbine and Sea Isle City. This finishes the northern third of the map.

CLICK ON THE PICS TO GET A LARGER VERSION

reality.jpg

This one is from Bing ™ Maps. I like Bing for thier "Bird's Eye View" , which tilts the aerial pic to give a SC4 like view.

simdennis.jpg

... and the Sim version. I'll be working on mainland sections of Middle Township to build an industrial base ( such as it is) for my more populated barrier island communities. Stay tuned !

Replies :

Westy177 : Thanks. They look good, but I don't play. I'm of the same mind as the Rodney Dangerfield character in Caddyshack . " Country clubs and cemeteries are the biggest wastes of prime real estate" Glad you like them. tho. There's plenty more to come. Cape May County is home to about a dozen courses.

SimCoug : Yeah, you need to be a pretty hard core golfer to get out when the heat index gets into the triple digits. Personally, I prefer surf fishing as my outdoor activity of choice. Standing knee deep in 75 degree water at leasts gives one a chance to cool off. Thanks for the comment on the garden. I had never been there before this year. "Research" for my journal gives me an excuse to be a tourist in my own back yard.

NMUSpidey : Thanks for the comment ! Cape May County has an abundance of such attractions, from the beautiful to the bizzare. Something to keep the tourists happy when the weather prevents going to the beach.

MilitantRadical : The golf courses I'm using is ArtGolf by doctorgonzo ( link here : ) I like it because it's more realisticly scaled than other golf kits I've looked at, and infinitely better than the puny little reward golf course Maxis gives you. The maintenance costs won't break the bank either. It also allows me to squeeze in the cycledogg trees into the rough areas, covering up the Maxis styled trees that come with the lots.

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

I'm always impressed when I see real life projects, and this one looks like it will be something truly great.

Share this comment

Awesome - Any chance you could put up a regional transportation map as well? Actually, now that I typed that, is that even possible in Region Census?

As for the Golf Course - You could always remove the maxis trees in the lot editor, then you would be able to add the trees of your choice in-game. More work than it's probably worth though.

How on earth did you get that terraforming so accurate?

Share this comment

@Spidey - neat little tool that lets you see your entire region in one shot. It gives regional demographics as well, and you can save region images.
I highly recommend it if you are playing an entire region.
Link:[b] [url="http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=913"]Sawtooth's Region Census[/url][/b]

Share this comment