• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Griffinsborough

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

CJ_MASTHEAD.jpg

Bay: Griffinsborough

Today, we head south… waaaaay south… to the Bay District, Schulmania’s southwestern borderlands. Hugging the border with Schulmauckland, Griffinsborough is halfway up the western coast of Huddleston Bay from the port town of Huddleston, though Griffinsborough does not have a port itself. The town’s connection to the national ferry system is overland, to the small town of Bay Harbor.

GRF00.jpg

One of the rare land border crossings in Schulmania… crossing the border is quite simple for residents of both countries. But, for citizens of non-FIFA or WCC-affiliated nations, visas are required.

GRF01.jpg

The town’s border location makes it a trading center. It hosts an open air market on the town green every Saturday from 8-12. Come early while selection is best.

GRF02.jpg

Prefer shopping indoors? Ollie’s Dry Goods holds down a prime spot on the corner and has just about anything you could ever want or need… or so they say!

GRF03.jpg

The International Trade Center & Expo also fronts the green. Here, goods from Schulmauckland and Schulmania are bought, sold and traded.

GRF04.jpg

The kids who live here have to use their passports to get their balls and frisbees from behind their homes, since their backyard is the national boundary

GRF05.jpg

North Union Church is the town’s main house of worship

GRF06.jpg

The town’s administrative and civic services office is located next door to Hunterdon Corner, a popular retail space. Hunterdon Corner has dozens of shops and offices, including a storefront for the BFA.

GRF07.jpg

The residential sector is tidy and as typical for Schulmania, compact and leafy.

seeMoreArchive.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

Leafs (leaves? Toronto confuses me sometimes) make me happy. Another lovely entry. I hear PMers abuse their FIFA membership to get in there, because if there's anything a PMer loves, it's a bargain and some leafy greens!

Share this comment

But sir, I only through my ball [i]one centimeter [/i]over the border!
No buts kid, you'll have have to fill in the paperwork, show me your passport and as a fine for chucking a ball over to Shulmauckland, pay the fine of one Fancy Feast tin.
:)

Share this comment

[IMG]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z141/Schulmanator/2011%20Default/replies-bank.jpg[/IMG]

[b]REPLIES[/b]

[i]NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.[/i]

[b]Escilnavia[/b] Thanks! I enjoyed making it.

[b]MilitantRadical[/b] Hehehe! Necessity makes one learn to throw the Frisbee more accurately…

[b]Benedict[/b] Thanks! It’s one of Mattb325’s many buildings in this town.

[b]alerules[/b] [i]Gracias! Y beienvenido a Schulmania![/i]

[b]NMUSpidey[/b] Awesome! Bring on the PM bargain hunters!

[b]USFighter15[/b] Well, it shouldn’t be too, too bad… as long as you have your papers handy…

[b]Zeldafan[/b] Yep… throw carefully!

[b]Hahei[/b] LOL… just think if a visa was required in advance… that’d be a pain!

[right][Volume 3 Update #243][/right]
[right]Please feel free to continue to view and comment on this entry.[/right]

Share this comment