• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Cattala

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Celeste | Restoration of a Relic

Sign in to follow this  
ThomasSimpson

Celeste-U18-01.png

Welcome back to Cattala. Over the past few months I've been restructuring and rebuilding my City Journal, starting with Celeste, the capital city of Cattala.

One of the busiest places in Celeste is the Celeste Centrale station. I think you can guess what that translates as. The station is the third-busiest in Cattala and forms part of the Railway Triangle between Jennai, Calora and the capital, the three notable cities in Cattala.

Celeste-U18-04.png

As day turns to evening, let's visit a place with a view of the city's defining feature - the Fiume Celestica, a river that once flowed through the heart of the city. I say once, because in the 19th century the river was dammed upstream and a canal network was built around the city, diverting the flow of the river and stopping the frequent winter floods that plagued the city.

Celeste-U18-03.png

Now to a new part of the city, one I never built in the original version of Celeste. The Stadio di Lady Eliza forms the centrepiece of an urban renewal project near the railway station that has taken more than three decades to complete. A sea of glass and steel dominates the area, with modern apartments and office blocks looming over the old city.

Celeste-U18-02.png

That heart being, Alder Hill. The area was once renowned for its aristocratic residents and the theatres that they frequented. Here's a prime example, located on the corner of a busy shopping road that leads up the the park at the centre of the enclave, which is surrounded by the Fiume Celestica.

Celeste-U18-05.png

The British renamed the city centre when they colonised the island in 1815, after a row of trees that lined the streets of the Parisian style city. The city has a clear definition between the homes of the wealthy and those who served them - most maids and butlers resided in the cramped upper floors of buildings or in separate buildings altogether. In this part of Celeste, the affluent lived across the river to the working classes. Now, even the servants quarters are upmarket homes and designer shops.

Celeste-U18-06.png

These days Alder Hill is most famous for its boutique stores, government offices and the Parliament building. Both the National Assembly and the Senato del Regno are based in Parliament, with various ministerial offices occupying upper floors of the landmark. Across the park is the largest police station in the realm, the Celeste Metropolitan Police headquarters, built in the 18th century.

Celeste-U18-07.png

To end today, an overview of the Alder Hill area at night. I hope to have further updates soon, but I can't make any guarantees.

Celeste-nightscape.png

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

Thank you all.

SimCoug: This area of Celeste is plopped, unfortunately. You can peek at another area in the top-right corner of the overview, that contains W2W grown buildings. :)

Neragua: I use the CSX JRJ Canal set, so that isn't actually waterside as such.

Share this comment