• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

2-11 : Ocean View

Jetty Jockey

header.jpg

Hello ! In this week's installment we look at the Ocean View tile.

oviewlocate.jpg

Ocean View is an unincorporated section of southeastern Dennis Township

oceanview.jpg

Unlike its northern neighbor Seaville, Ocean View is considerably less developed. The Garden State Parkway runs east of the village, but there is no direct access to

that major traffic artery from Ocean View.

magnolialake.jpg

Route 9 ( also known as Shore Road) crosses the Magnolia Lake dam . Mill Creek leads off eastward from the lake towards the tidal marshes.

9south.jpg

US Route 9 is the primary road through Ocean View.

vineyardsim.jpg

In recent years farmers have discovered that Cape May County's climate is excellent for growing grapes

vineyard.jpg

On the southwestern side of Magnolia Lake , north of Main Street ,is a fairly good sized vineyard

9southsim.jpg

Looking south down Route 9 . The Calvary Baptist church has stood at the corner of Main Street and Shore Road since 1855

Calvary_Baptist_Church_Cape_May_Co.jpg

The church is on the National Register of Historic Places.

alexandria.jpg

Further south , Academy Lane heads westward towards South Seaville. North of the road is the Tamerlane Campground. In the lower left corner is the Bishop

McHugh Catholic Elementary School.

puttnbatsim.jpg

Getting bored sitting around the campsite counting mosquito bites? Lighthouse Putt and Bat offers mini golf, batting cages (not shown), an arcade and a driving

range for family fun.

puttnbat.jpg

That's it for this week's installment. Thanks for stopping by ! I hope you enjoyed your visit. As summer is upon us , there may be longer delays between updates. When the choice is between going to the beach or sitting inside, the beach wins every time. Please be patient and hope to see you soon .

Replies :

Coryreinhardt : Most of the region's population is on the eastern side of the county. I'm guessing Seaville is a bit more developed because it sits at the junction of two major roadways ( US 9 and NJ 50), with access to the Garden State Parkway and roads to the more densely populated barrier island communities .Being on higher ground , safe from flooding from all but the biggest of hurricanes helps a lot too. Further south, Cape May Court House and to a greater extent Rio Grande ( US 9 & NJ 47) also are more developed for the same reasons. As for future plans, I plan on offering a few solutions to problems I've seen while living a lifetime here. I don't want to give too much away. Stay tuned !

SimCoug : The tidal flats are my favorite part of the journal too. They gave me a lot of headaches in the terraforming phase, but now I feel it was time well spent. The ArtGolf lots are superb . I tried others, but the scale just wasn't right . I'll get plenty of chances to use them : Cape May County is home to nearly a dozen golf courses.

ggamgus : muchas gracias ! :D

MilitantRadical : Thanks ! It's a lot of work zoning house by house, but it's paying off.

terring : Thanks for the comment !

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Much superbness once again... loving the mini-putt and driving range.... both very special.
As others have mentioned, the coastal flats are well done and something almost unique to your CJ.

keep up the good work!

Share this comment

Aaaah, the family fun center - great recreation! I don't think I have ever seen the put-put course - nice looking BAT.

Share this comment