27. East Crossing Nuclear Plant
Howdy folks! Welcome back!
Today we'll take a quick peek at the civil infrastructure of Zanarkand City. While much of the outlying region is powered by wind and solar, the valley has historically been supplied by a combination of coal plants and running in power from the outlying hydroelectric dams. Now however the coal plants are being replaced with nuclear power. East Crossing is home to the oldest of the nuclear plants and the old laboratory.
01. East Crossing nuclear complex:
02. The facility lies right at the north foot of the Crossing.
03. Backside of the facility, where the labs are.
04. East side of the facility, the twin cooling towers for the test reactors.
05. A canal-ed stream provides water for the emergency cooling system. It lies above the level of the heat exchangers, so if an earthquake kills power to the facility gravity will take care of supplying water to the backup.
06. On the other side of the canal lies a small park
07. The locals call it "fangfish park" due to an urban legend that radiation from the reactor causes monstrous mutations in the river life, despite no history of leaked radiation at the reactor.
08. The park in the green season.
09. Transit lines near the nuke facility.
10. The beltway highway, which circles the metropolis.
11. The nuclear plant at night.
12. And finally an overview of the east side of the industrial area.
Thanks for stopping by everyone. I hope you liked your visit. Feel free to comment and rate/+1 if you want to. Enjoy the weekend.
@JGellock, evanm1487: Thank you guys very much for your thoughts.