• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Ring of Fire

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

East Crossing Intro

blunder

zROF-HEAD-2.jpg?psid=1

26. East Crossing Intro

Hi everyone! Welcome back for another update. This one is mostly an odds and ends update.

First up, a big THANK YOU!!! to all you guys for giving me this:

trixie%2011%2001.JPG?psid=1

Every bit as important to me is the nomination you guys gave me in for this:

trixie%2011%2002.JPG?psid=1

that nomination is truly special to be counted in the same company as yan and marsh, who are my inspirations when it comes to working with flora. Again, thank you all very, very much!!!

And now the new stuff.

I've ran low on motivation to keep working on the Crater Lake area, so it's time to switch gears a little. I'm well along on my next project, and I have enough to show a small update. Because I'm playing this area full-region style, I have to jump to another tile right now and develop to crank up demand to complete the current project. Before I take a lot of time doing that, I took a little time to snap some screens.

We're starting in on the region's metropolis: Zanarkand- which is a misspelling of Samarqand, the ancient legendary city along the silk road in Asia destroyed by Genghis Kahn. First up is the area oh-so-creatively called East Crossing; named because it's the easternmost rail bridge over the Bluewater River, right below the convergence of the Bluewater and the Cyspus. It has a highway, rail, and monorail crossing. It is also the upriver port on the Bluewater and eastern industrial center.

01. The southern foot of East Crossing in fall.

01%20south%20fall.jpg?psid=1

02. The northern foot of East Crossing, also in fall.

02%20north%20fall.jpg?psid=1

03. Miscellaneous shoreline along the Cyspus in fall; because I'm having too much fun with the seasonal stuff.

03%20other%20shore%20fall.jpg?psid=1

And finally a pair of Mosaics. Clicky for full.

M1: East Crossing in Summer.

Mosaic---Crossing-South-Summer.jpg?psid=1

M2: East Crossing and the Port in Fall.

Mosaic---Crossing-North-Fall.jpg?psid=1

And finally some random scene's that I did for non-CJ purposes and posted at miscellaneous locations on simpeg in the last few weeks.

o1. Hotspring getaway.

hotspring-splashscreen.png?psid=1

o2. Alpine camping (seriously loving Giraffe's new alpine fir). and no they're not naked: those are the swimmer MMP's from the VIP set.

alpine-splashscreen.PNG?psid=1

o3. Postcard layout of a small island in the Ring of Fire.

postcard.jpg?psid=1

Well that's it for this update. Next time we explore the port area of East Crossing. Your comments are always welcome. If you feel like it go ahead and rate and +1. I hope you enjoyed your visit.

zROF%20REPLY.jpg?psid=1

@ee99: The houses their are probably safe....for the current residents lifetime anyways. ;)

@skala84: Thank you very much!

@evanm1487: its a center pivot irrigated field. They're very common in some areas of eastern washington, like around George, WA and Moses Lake, WA. :P

@gugu3: Thank you, sir!

@matheuspaulo: interesting.

2 Comments

Recommended Comments