• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

Atlantsia (AIN)

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Terrain Mod Testing

Sign in to follow this  
Ace3

1banners.jpg

@Schulmanator: Thanks :)

@escilnavia: skyscraper, one of my favorite custom content creators, has made some outstanding ones here on ST. They can be found here: skyscraper's content The others are just random ones I have picked up here and there, and a few are even Maxis. Just have fun with as much custom content as you can. SC4D has amazing custom content as well which cannot be found anywhere else. ;)

@MamaLuigi945: Thank you. It's nice to hear such a kind comment :)

@Efkin: Thanks! Glad to hear that! :yes:

@NMUSpidey:Thank you very much my evil friend :P trixie joke, hehehe

@Fox:Thank you! As for the barrels, that's only for the smaller rural villages ;) , I'll see if we can get a tour arranged!

@kakado_to_save: The next update will do the trick :D

@Evillions: Thanks! :yes:

@TekindusT: Glad to hear from you! Thanks! :)

@spursrule14: Yay, I'm on B.o.t.B, Thanks bud :) Grats on the trixie!

Not exactly a full update (the next one will be). I was getting a little tired of the terrain mod

I was using. It's a modified version of the Chihuahuan Terrain Mod by Heblem, but it doesn't

represent the Arabian Desert very well. So I thought, what the heck, why not make my own? I used

Lowkee's very helpful tutorials on SC4D, and I went from this:

jan20001331476235.png

To This:

may6061332181564.png

No Photoediting of Course :), the textures look a bit plain from a distance :(

may6061332181463.png

And the regional view: A bit of the next update is revealed here...I'm still working on the highways of course.

atlantsiaterrainmodtest.jpg

Whatdya think? :P

Thanks for nominating this CJ under several categories. I am ecstatic to have won my first trixie :D

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

[color="#FF00FF"]Great regional view .. Love the location of downtown and the airport looks awesome.

Back to the topic at hand .. for the terrain colour, I love the texture up close.

I think the Wavy sands looks fantastic, and I hope you release it one day.[/color]

:blush:

Share this comment

I agree with ee99. Good work on your terrain mod, though. I think you should keep working on it to make the textures more detailed, and maybe more varied. ;)

~ Your buddy, Charles :thumb:

Share this comment

Hey, you earned that Trixie, 10000000000000. I rather like the up-close shots of the wavy sands. It looks SO Middle Eastern. However, the white sands look better from afar, but perhaps that is a more tropical look. Either way you go, you can't really lose, you know? And congrats on your Trixie! It's possible that my evil nomination helped catapult your excellent journal to victory!

Share this comment

Not really a fan of the wavy sands, IMO, I prefer the Pryrenean's sand over any other desert mod because it looks more HD.

Share this comment