• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 6: Lakeview

Durfsurn

Replies

Evandad: If my plugins will co-operate.

Sandroalexis: Thanks!

We travel South-East through unseen Hugle suburbia to the small town of Lakeview- Overlooking Lake Lin. Lined with clean and beautiful beaches the lake is a boat free zone. Many surfing and swimming tournaments are held here as well as the region wide famous, most grueling, and toughest Lakeview Triathlon. With a steadily growing population of 100,000+ mass transit systems have been put in place. Lakeview boasts the most complex tram/subway system in the region. The subway is for express transit underground where as the Tram system on ground is for slower usually short journeys to work and back. If you want to fill up with gas here is the place. Gas Stations are a plenty in Lakeview with an astonishing 100 servos around the lake. Companies include BP, Caltex and Shell. Here is a picture of a servo complex common in Lakeview.

Lakeview-May7101330671912.jpg

The tram system boasts a historic beach line where the W Class trams run. W Class trams do run on the other lines as well. Here is a picture of the historic Tram going down the line.

Lakeview-May11101330671946.jpg

As well as the Beach line the main trunk lines run through the housing and job districts in the roads.

Mansions have found the beautiful real estate by the beach and have been building up madly.

Lakeview-May1101330671870.jpg

Most lines are connected by tram roundabouts or 'Tramabouts'. Here is a Tram going through the roundabout.

Lakeview-May25101330671990.jpg

In the centre of these Tramabouts are bus and subway stops. These are disability friendly and buses and subways run regularly. Cost of a 2 hour ticket for the mass transit system (Tram, Bus, Subway) is 5 simoleons. We finish off with a picture of the overview of Lakeview.

Lakeview-Apr30101330671843.jpg

To the southern end of development is a K-Mart.

Thanks for reading this entry. Please rate according to the level of my entry. Also 1+ if you particularly liked this entry and comment below to give me suggestions. Next update we travel to the oil fields of Hugle and why there are so many service stations around.

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

The entry was pretty good and pretty interesting... until the last picture. The urban area is a perfect square, which is extremely unrealistic and honestly, doesn't look good at all. I'm not saying because of the shape this city is "ruined", because it can be changed and improved. I suggest looking at Landsat photos of real-life coastal urban areas. Try to put high density commercial and residential zones closest to the bay, medium density as you go further back, and finally low density after that.

I mean something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BayareaUSGS.jpg

Cities with bays like San Francisco aren't squares, but rather the shape of the bay. The urban area should be more circular, or elliptical, surrounding the bay coast.

Just that. Other than that, it's pretty good. :D

Share this comment

Welllll I do admit tramabouts wouldn't be so practical, but meh :D

Yeah, it's just the last picture that really bugs me - it'd follow an elleptical shape, with the most density closest to the bay.

But it's still great, don't over-worry ^^

Share this comment

I think you should surround the area with suburbs and not just an empty field of grass, it would be much more visually appealing. :)

Also:
-You can fix the way the beaches look by going into zones data view, and back out.
-You can turn off the UDI icons in the UDI menu.

Share this comment

Add some suburbs and it will look a lot better. What looks weird about the city is that it is a perfectly square pocket of dense urban area and then nothing. No farms, no suburbs, no country roads, just a flat drop into pure wilderness.

Share this comment