Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 7: The Oil Fields

Durfsurn

Replies

ggamgus: Looksoon. That will be an update soon! Thanks for the advice!

Balth3465: Aagh!That damn picture! Yeah Tram-abouts..............................

ABhosting: Thanks!

jack3oh3: Thanksfor the advice. I forgot to turn them off whoops! You won't see 'emagain (I hope)!

Evandad: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!Stupid me for not getting the angles right. See ggamgus' reply.

Whew!2 updates so soon! Thank god there is a weekend! We flysouth-west to the oil fields of Hugle as you can onlygo southbound in a car and it is only freighttrucks allowed going north. So we take a small prop plane toone of the many (mainly fire plane) airstrips. The only ways toget around are car and walking. If you fly like us you take a cab. Sowe will as most of the roads aren't paved and have no sidewalks. Hereis town from the plane window.

OilFields-Mar13191330827366.jpg

Thetown is basically split into 3 parts. To the north-east andnorth-west are the industries and oil refineries like we saw at theport. Going south-west are the apartment and tenement low-costhousing and at the very south oftown are the smaller low-cost cottages. With everything so low-costthe only jobs are in the oil wells and in the refineries and such.Food gets delivered from the suburbs and gets delivered to your door.Talking of neighbors hereis the only in/out access- B122.

pic3-1.jpg

As you can see 719 truck go along the B122. The road going southbound is the C343 going into town. Now to focus on the main oil well. The wells are drilling the deepest in the fields to find oil. Started in 1854 when oil was found by Jeffery Shell the now historic wells have expanded to 4 quadrants. As per the Oil Drilling Act of 1903 all oil found is distributed evenly between Gas Companies unless a deal states otherwise. The 3 companies in the act are Shell (Founded by Jeffery Shell), Caltex (A multi-regional company) and BP (Government owned). Experts are led to believe the fields will keep on producing oil for 250 more years if the rate doesn't change too much. Also produced here is Natural Gas. Other than powering the fields the gas is exported to other regions like England and Evandad's CJ Princes Valley and Pacific City via Natural-Gas Air.

OilFields-Mar15191330827381.jpg

As talked about earlier on low-cost housing is a focus for the village. Only small cottages are historically allowed to be built in this pocket of town.

OilFields-Aug25191330828546-2.jpg

And here bigger tenements and small apartment buildings are built.

OilFields-Aug23191330828534.jpg

And finally we focus on this shot of the oil and gas refineries.

OilFields-Mar17191330827398.jpg

Oil is refined in the big tanks and then sent off to the factories to be filled into big tankers to be sent to the servos across the region.

Thank you for reading the latest entry in my ever growing CJ. Your growing support has helped me keep this CJ up and running. Remember to rate, 1+ and comment. Next time I have a go at a transit map.

3 Comments

Recommended Comments

Hey there. I always like it when folks are able to incorporate a region's economy into the story---especially power resources. Unlike ggamgus, the grid is at the bottom of my feedback list. I think your oil field has too many derricks bunched together, and the field itself is too small. Putting around it some farms and spread out manufacturing would also create a more realistic look.

Share this comment