• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Cedarwood

panthersimcity4

Cedarwood is a small city located along the freeway that connects San Lorenzo & Santa Rosa Island with the mainland. It is located in a valley area next to the coastal fishing village of Suqualnut and has become one of the fastest growing areas in the state, due to its proximity to San Lorenzo, while also being comfortable away from much of the congestion of the city.

town7g.jpg

Despite having grown a lot, the city still contains a lot of small town feel to it.

town1.jpg

The city's old city hall is located by Cedar Park, and there is also an old train station that is still in use by passenger trains. Also nearby is a modern library.

town2e.jpg

The city has recently gone through a bit of a transformation due to the increase in population of middle-upper class families and young adults. This is highly apparent in the old shops by Cedar Park, which have become hipster-oriented cafés and clothing stores.

townh.jpg

Cedarwood's downtown is small but contains a couple midrise offices. The tallest building and local landmark is the Nelsson Building, built in 1945. It was built to bring more commerce to the area that was struggling after the Great Depression and during World War II. Also in downtown is the First National Bank and St. James Catholic Church.

town4.jpg

The eastern side of town is more spread out and contains mostly chain businesses like groceries, fast food, etc. There's a new spacious fire station that was built in the area to replace the old, compact one.

town5g.jpg

And of course nearby is the fishing village of Suqualnut... which may merge with Cedarwood if the city continues to grow at its current rate.

townf6.jpg

And here's an aerial view of both Cedarwood & Suqualnut.

town8.jpg

That's it for the update. This update was brought to you by...

vintaghe.jpg

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

That's a very nice little town! Is their going to be a big 50th?

Share this comment

You are the king at small towns. You should add some cookie cutter suburbs and show them to us. I love to see your different areas and your ads are so funny. :ducky:

Share this comment

hahei: Hmmmmm, good idea. I actually didn't even realize I was close to 50 entries. :party:
100000000(lots of zeros lol): Thanks!!!
Zulu2065: I was going to do some cookie-cutter suburbs but I usually make my suburbs growable lots, and having the same lots grow next to eachother is a pain with my plugins folder. :P I might make some custom sized lots that will grow in a certain size, which I've done in the past for European style cities.
skyscraper241: Thanks!!
Schulmanator: Heheh, I see you noticed my sneaky detail there. :P
Huston: Thanks, I always like my regions to look nice since it's very easy to make them blocky due to Sc4's grid pattern constraints.

Share this comment

awesome small town, as usual! I also like the idea of the two towns rowing together. ;)

cant wait for more panther :ohyes:

Share this comment

Just download some new style mattbhouses and go to town with lotting them and I may BAT some too, but they will have character.

Share this comment