• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Carife, the capital city of San Pedro.

panthersimcity4

As usual, I've altered Carife a bit. But I plan on going back to Mesias, since I've been redesigning that region a bit in the past couple of months. But that's another update. :P

carifemap.jpg

As you probably know, Carife is the capital city. It is located in the northeastern part of the island and is the main port and business center. There are many cruise ships and ferries that stop in Carife, dropping off tourists and other visitors.

carife2.jpg

The city was originally founded by Romans who built a colony on the island. The area has ever since been occupied by a small city that gradually grew into the Mediteranean metropolis it is now.

carigfe1.jpg

carife4.jpg

The most iconic part of the city is the Gothic Quarter, which is the old part. This is where the city's cathedral is located. It was built in the 16th century after an earthquake destroyed the previous gothic structure.

carife5.jpg

The nearby Church of the Assumption is one of the last remaining gothic churches in the city. Most of the older gothic churches were demolished in favor of fancier, baroque churches when San Pedro amassed a large amount of wealth from its colonies.

carife6.jpg

The main square of the city is the Plaza Mayor, where the city hall is located.

carife7.jpg

Near the Gothic quarter close to the port area is the Plaza del Toro, which has a statue of bulls in the middle of it.

carife12.jpg

The city is quite dense, and there isn't very much sprawl. Like in many European countries, Pedrians mostly live in urban apartments.

carife9.jpg

Despite San Pedro being a small island isolated from the European continent by the Mediteranean sea, the nation has a vibrant economy, much of which depends on commercial services, banking, and of course tourism. Within the past decade, the economy of San Pedro has increased in size. This is noticeable when you go to the Commercial Business district, where some high-rise commercial towers have been built.

carife3.jpg

carife11.jpg

The outskirts of the city mostly contain apartment buildings, houses, some office buildings and shopping malls.

carife10.jpg

Tarraco is the largest suburb and is also the fastest growing. Many of the people who move to this area are middle class. An extension to the tram in Carife is currently planned to be built to reduce traffic.

That's all for the update, thanks for reading. :thumb:

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

wow! Fantastic job panther- I was was just thinking to myself "when is that cat gonna give me some more things I can stare at for a week?" :P well, I guess this answered that :thumb:

Share this comment