• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Carife again, plus a teaser...

panthersimcity4

Okay, so I'm back from my trip. A couple of things in San Pedro have changed:

1. The bell tower in Carife. I have this kind of OCD thing where the landmarks in the city need to "feel" right. Unfortunately, that tower just didn't seem to feel right with the Mediterranean feel. So... I picked a new one. For good, I hope!

carife2.jpg

carife1.jpg

carife3.jpg

carife6.jpg

2. A new high-rise office building has been built. Called "Dexia" apparently. :P

carife4.jpg

ALSO.... I've been working on a new city. I plan on, in the future, making a CJ based off of it. It's inspired by my recent travels... mostly based on Poland, with elements of other European countries.

teaser2m.jpg

teaser1s.jpg

teaser4nd.jpg

Having been to Poland a million times, I figured I might as well do something inspired by that country.

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

nicely done, the Mediterranean style can be hard to pull of but you've managed to make it look authentic.

Share this comment

Very nice!!!

Some questions: where did you get that Corte Ingles building? And the building with the clock in the second pic?

Also i´ve seen in your CJ one big Plaza de Toros. Where can I get that?

Thanks! I love your CJ.

Share this comment

I'm not very convinced about how the new tower fits in, but I guess that's just a matter of personal taste; it's not that easy to find medieval arabesque buildings out there.

On the other hand, I love how the glass high-rise fits. It is like the whole place had "suffered" some kind of urban renewal (as many Mediterranean cities have) and this is the result, very realistic IMO. I'm pretty sure it would have been a controversial project...

As for the Polish-styled city, I think we all want to see more!

Share this comment

Nifty. And the bell tower works nicely I think. So, where did you go and show us some pix! As for Poland, my favorite places were Cracow and Warsaw. Oddly enough, the best goulash I ever had was in Cracow, not Hungary :D

Share this comment

i don't remember the last tower very well, but i still think i liked it more. but as tekindust said it's personal like. the whole town of carife looks gorgeous.
the polish style is definitely your kind of thing :)

Share this comment