• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Asunción, mother of all cities, mother of South America

Sign in to follow this  
cmdp123789

Hello, so far we've seen the first foundation of Buen Ayre, the city under attack, and finally the retreat of the Spaniards from the city.

In the last entry, you could see in the pic that everything was destroyed, but it wasnt destroyed only by the indians. The Spaniards forced to burn down everything so that the people that didnt want to move had no other option than to move.

Also, I said that people moved North, well, today is time to visit that North

This is Nuestra Señora Santa María de la Asunción... or.... Asunción.

Asunción was the biggest city founded by Spanish. The city was strategically placed near Río Paraguay so that they could transport stuff from Spain to Asunción by ships and make sure they would arrive.

Asunción is in the heart of South America, and it was also the capital of the Spanish conquest. It is said that Asunción is the mother of South America because all the journeys started here.

Asunción was developed with the goal of making the route of gold from Peru to Spain easier, so basically having Asunción was like having a port in the middle of the continent that had an exit to Spain and the rest of Europe.

Asunción 1575:

Asuncion4.jpg

This is the Asunción Cathedral, also the center of the settlement

Asuncion3.jpg

Asunción, majestic city, the Spaniard's pinacle of colonization.

Asuncion2.jpg

The port of Asunción, the busiest port from all South America, everything that went to South America in the Spanish empire came through this port.

Asuncion1.jpg

The city, and its way out...

I really hope you enjoy this update, it was something that cannot be avoided, since the next foundation of Buenos Aires is thanks to the people in here... well the people from here actually were the Buenos Aires population, but, that will be discussed in the next update, comment, rate... SHARE!

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Gracias, Asunción es la Capital actual de Paraguay, tambien capital en ese momento... ahora es mucho mas grande obviamente, pero queria mostrar una imagen que parezca de la epoca... espero haberlo logrado. Gracias por pasar.

Share this comment

lo hiciste bien. la ciudad tiene la extension perfecta. unos de los edificios parecen demasiados modernos pero no es para tanto. me encanta el puerto.

you made it well. the city has the right extent. some buildings look too modern but that's not important. i like the harbour.

Share this comment

si... se me fue en algunos, jajaja lo que pasa es que no es facil encontrar edificios que sean de esa epoca... se me complica, asi que use lo que estaba disponible, gracias por pasar master, ya estoy preparando la segunda fundacion, esta es un poco mas grande... espero que les guste.

On my way making the second foundation of buenos aires, so be prepared people!!!

Share this comment