• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Schellingen Mitte - Part 3

Sign in to follow this  
MandelSoft

brsreplies.jpg

Frdm920: Out of words, eh? That's only good news, right? ;)

suomi2005: Thank you, those trees are indeed a nice detail.

TekindusT: I'm glad you've learned something from me ;)

Adrianor: Thank you!

ImVhOzzi: I'll keep you impressed with the next update!

Reikhardt: Thank you

nathanthemayor: Well, it's not that huge. Imaginia is bigger :D

First I would like to announce some bad news: two cities of mine, Schellingen-Mitte and Rothfurt, are suffering from the Prop Pox (random blocks of permanently disappeared props). Although I found a method to reduce and mask the effect, you may still see some Poxed city blocks. I tried my best to hide the Prop Pox in this update, so if you seeing disappeared props, please don't blame me for that.

brs-thumb-u03.jpg

Welcome to the final part of our tour through Schellingen-Mitte. We'll start near the Central Railway Station, just were we left at the previous update. We go to the Bahnhofquartier (Station Quarters), a high-rise ressidential city district inbetween the central railway and the freeway A7:

brs-3.01.jpg

brs-3.02.jpg

brs-3.03.jpg

brs-3.04.jpg

Now we going to the other side of the freeway A7 and we're taking another look at Weichen:

brs-3.05.jpg

brs-3.06.jpg

Quite near Weichen we've an industrial area: Bewerbegebiet Allemand:

brs-3.07.jpg

brs-3.08.jpg

Now we go down the Felixrüherallee (B14) to the east of the city, the city quarter of Norddubber, but first we pass this freeway interchange:

brs-3.09.jpg

Here we arrive at Norddubber:

brs-3.10.jpg

brs-3.11.jpg

brs-3.12.jpg

On the other side of the river we've the city district of Süd-Dubber, but you see that this district can use some gentrification...

brs-3.13.jpg

South of Süd-Dubber we have the freeway A112, which is a small stretch of freeway of the B12. South of this freeway the area is still under development:

brs-3.14.jpg

brs-3.15.jpg

A little bonus picture: this is a close-up from the statues in the Friedenpark near the Bundesquartier:

brs-3.16.jpg

And to conclude this update, here's a teaser picture of what's coming up next update:

brs-3.17.jpg

Best,

Maarten

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Now that's what I call a great update. [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/44.gif[/img]
I like how you make maxis buildings look good!

Share this comment

I haven't liked much seeing three Messeturms one besides the other, but I keep in love with your industrial areas and your interchanges! Furthermore, your photoedition has been excellent!

Seems you're suffering some kind of Coit Tower epidemy, I think I read something about it in the forums long ago, it seems it's a problem related with the CAM. I haven't had it, but here you are a link where[b] z1[/b] posts a link for a patch for this problem: [url="http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/38149-coit-tower-disease-becomes-pandemic/page__view__findpost__p__964635__hl__coit__fromsearch__1"][link][/url]

Can't wait to see your airport, they are one of my "specialties"!

Share this comment

Splendid stuff! Your photo editing is exquisite and your attention to detail with the road layout is commendable. As Adrianor said, even the default Maxis buildings look great!

Share this comment

Ooo Airport soon :D

As for this update, apart from the few abandoned buildings (:() it looks awesome :D

Though you might want to fix the first image as it's currently just a link ;)

Share this comment

Fantastic update, Maarten. Love it! Also, the lighting of the streets in the night shots are just perfect. Great work!

Share this comment

The interchanges are awesome, and the airport too. Not less the blocks of flats, I really love it -I've downloaded the blocks of SFBT but it never grows and I don't find it in the buildingplop cheat-.

Get well of that Prop Pox, hope so is not contagious.

Share this comment