7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

I need a white floodlight that can shoot light 200m into the sky. Is it possible to mod light effects?

20180508000117_1.thumb.jpg.e70aa50177c7f9553cfb620f5233a5cf.jpg

The vanilla "Flood Light White" (type: Spot, intensity:: 8) shoots light about 80m, as you can see here (from the base up). IRL those base floodlights light up the entire column. 

Yeah I have a custom light effect mod but it causes memory leaks if you have a lot of custom lights, i have no idea why, apparently it's bad to create new light effects ingame.

@Ronyx69, When going through the comments on assets that use the mod, I had gotten a sense that it had something to do with the number of assets that use custom lights that they had subscribed to?  I didn't notice anything particularly harsh with my sound wall that I released, but don't have any other asset that uses the custom light effects and no one has commented yet.  I did notice a large memory leak when running the script in the asset editor.  When testing out the height and position that I wanted the lights, I found I could do about 14 individual effects before the asset editor ground to a halt.

7 hours ago, hemeac said:

@Ronyx69, When going through the comments on assets that use the mod, I had gotten a sense that it had something to do with the number of assets that use custom lights that they had subscribed to?  I didn't notice anything particularly harsh with my sound wall that I released, but don't have any other asset that uses the custom light effects and no one has commented yet.  I did notice a large memory leak when running the script in the asset editor.  When testing out the height and position that I wanted the lights, I found I could do about 14 individual effects before the asset editor ground to a halt.

Yeah I didn't notice any problems at all before somebody told me their game uses like 110GB of memory, and apparently 60 of that was CLE or something crazy like that, so I subscribed to all of the CLE assets and got a memory leak myself, I had to slowly pull back until i ended up with only about 4 assets using it so I wouldn't get a memory leak... that's why it has the warning it has in the description, it's kind of a failed mod and I don't know how to fix it. Apparently 13k people use it so I'm guessing they only have 1 or 2 assets using it.

I thought I was a collector.  I finally got around to culling my asset list last week when it hit 6000 and that only clocked 28GB on loading. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      Am I not allowed to add lights to an asset with DummyBuildingAI?
      I saved the asset w/o the light just fine. Then I placed one prop light, tried to save again and boom, error. Anybody know what's going on here?

• By RaeFromStateFarm
      Like say you wanted a certain part of your asset to always be illuminated no matter what? For example i'm trying to get the advertisements on the roofs of my taxis to always have light at night
      but only manage to get them to light up when the car is using it's breaks. The headlights are of course always illuminated but can i get my advertisements to follow?

• By Vahr
      High Mast Lighting
      &
      RHW-6C/8C T21 High Mast Lighting
      7/21/2011
      UPDATED 3/3/12 - See Changelog
      By Blue Lightning

This file includes 2 versions: Lot based and T21 based
      The lot based version is ploppable, very similar to TheGreatChozo's lights. They can be found in the POLICE menu.
      Spacing: Recommend 5 tiles between each light for optimal coverage w/o overlap.

The T21 based version applies ONLY to RHW-6C and RHW-8C. Spacing is automatic; you will not find this in any menu. They will appear when you place an RHW-6C/8C. Update existing RHW by clicking on it w/ the RHW tool.

Both versions can be installed at the same time and I recommend you do so.

INSTALLATION
      Drop the "zz_BL_High Mast Lighting" folder right into "[My] Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins"
      This folder MUST be loaded AFTER the Network Addon Mod. So if you use a personal plugins layout, shove it into the ZZ folder or similar.

If you do not wish to use the T21 mod, delete the corresponding folder.

COMPATIBILITY
      The lot based HML's have no incompatibilities.

The T21 HML's are NOT compatible with any mod that affects RHW-6C or 8C T21's.
      This includes:
      Xyloxadoria's RHW 6C Mast Lighting 1
      Xyloxadoria's RHW Lights and Barriers 1

DEPENDENCIES
      Network Addon Mod

REDISTRIBUTION
      You ARE allowed to redistribute this mod as long as this file is included.
      Giving credit would be appreciated as well.

As for derivative mods, they are also allowed, preferably with credit given for the base.

Mod edit 5th May 2017 - Fixed formatting
    • By SecretMbr_735754
      A well-lighted place for the sims to relax, reflect and meet in the inner city.
      This is the kind of park that people go to on their lunch break, poets and lovers go to dream, plans are sketched, and profound ideas are conceived.   There's a memorial in the center just for the purpose of remembering, and gazebos and fountains among the trees.
      Medium Wealth Park 5x5
      Plop Cost: 250
      Monthly Cost: 90
      Air Pollution: -20, 10
      Water Pollution -10, 10
      Park Effect: 100, 60
      Landmark Effect: 40, 20
      Power, Water Consumed: 10
      Flammability: 2
      Generates pigeons, sim adults, and kids, automata.
      Maxis Night Lighting
      No Dependencies.

• By Jaxxbauer78
      Hello all, 
      Not sure if this is the proper forum for this so apologies if it is. I am looking for the light blank tile in the TMIP (Taxiway Marking Improvement Pack). Before when I had it on my other computer it was in the airport menu. I have used it as a filler before. I have AC MEGA textures and AC MEGA props. Am I missing something?
      They are like both the pictures below, the "lead out" tiles but without the yellow markings.
      Much appreciated
      Carl