boformer

Debugging as attached debugger for VS2017 (by tmhardie)

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

If anyone tries this and has success (or failure), please let me know. I'm using this a lot now to develop more features for TM:PE. I've already submitted a pull request for a right-on-red feature I've added to TM:PE.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Michael RT
      For what I’m trying to accomplish, as far as I can tell, I should be using either SC4 Tool or the iLive Reader. I would like to be able to edit certain parameters of buildings in the game. For example, changing the radius for police, fire, education, etc. I would also like to change how much power is generated from power plants, how much water is generated by water pumps and towers, etc. Basically do everything (hopefully) that can be done in SimCity 3000 here.

I’ve tried both SC4 Tool and iLive Reader but can’t seem to find the buildings I’m searching for. I’m truly starting from scratch and need some assistance on either of these programs. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    • By funforfree99
      The most up to date version of ilive reader is necesary, check the mods page of http://simtropolis.com for this program.

How to back up simcity_1.dat

1. Find it in your program files and then maxis then simcity 4.
      2. copy the file to your desktop and leave it there.
      3. If anything goes wrong simply replace this file.

Lesson 1. Creating ordinances that bring in 5000 per resident.

1. Open your ilive reader and load simcity_1.dat
      2. Open the analyser click tree then search
      3. Find the plus sign beside ordinances and open it
      4. search for the ordinance named smoke detectors
      5. click it and in the data that appears on the left choose cost per resident double click this info line and edit the value that can be edited. ( a negative number means you are losing money for purpose of this lesson change it to 50000)
      6. While we are here lets also change the flamability rating. Find the line named % effect on flamabillity and change it. (1 = normal flamability 0= no flamability 100000=super flamability)
      7. close analyser and save
      8. Test out the patch

Coming soon how to increase fire radius.
    • By Bad Peanut
      Hey guys! so with the hint of a road modding tool in the next DLC arriving, and presuming it's something like Network Extensions let's discuss what roads would be cool to add!

I've looked at the source code of Network Extensions and I've looked at their textures etc so I want to make a start at creating textures for roads. for that i need suggestions! 
      Rules: 
      Use https://streetmix.net/new to visualise your road. I won't even consider ones that are just some random description For roads you want to zone on: use either 16m wide roads or 32m wide roads as those are the two widths that work with zoning. For highways you can use any width lanes for cars, trams, buses etc should be 3m in width. parking should be 2m wide sidewalks should be at least 2m wide (maybe 1.5m at the smallest) and this is for either side of the road, so at least 4m of sidewalk altogether! try and keep in mind that it's not about creating new types of prefabs like MOM, it's for reskinning like we do with Network Skins! Here's some examples of Vanilla Roads visualised in StreetMix
      a 16m Wide Basic Road:

And a 32m Wide Medium Road

You can click on the above links to be taken to a template in streetmix.
      Give me inspiration!
    • By Framit
      Hello.
      I would like to create a new quay, but I don't know where to start. What I need? Once the mesh is created in sketchup, what do I have to do? How many files do I need? What type?
      I would also like to rebuild my Wall  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266458566 with network techniques but I don't know how to do it. If someone can help me I would be so thankful.

Regards

• By eufl
      Hi there!
      I am using the mod Catenary Replacer by Tim The Terrible, a wonderful mod but one, that wasn´t able to satisfy my needs completely. You can have mostly all tracks catenary-free but not all. Not the two way single track, that comes with the Single Train Track AI mod by CoarzFlow.
      And here my problem started:
      I looked for an asset, that would give me a catenary-free two way single track, found one by brunna, and well - it´s fine but I am using vanilla tracks. So I started the Editor to make a version with vanilla tracks. I needed some time, had to learn that I cannot simply delete props from networks- but well - after some hours and lots of error messages in CSL my new asset works fine.
      So far so good but one small problem with the Catenary Replacer mod still bugs me: At the start and the end of a station there is a short part of the overhead wiring. As long as I use ANY double track everything is fine, no cables, but as soon as I am using ANY single track to connect the station to the network, this small wiring hangs above the tracks.

Here you should be able to see this little odd problem. On the left side I used a short segment of double tracks to avoid the wiring - everything looks fine -, on the right side I connected the station directly to the single track, and the result looks strange.
      My question now is: What can I do to get rid of these wire parts? I would love to see Tim´s mod updated but maybe I can make some fix by myself. For now I see only the chance to make a station without wiring, but I would prefer a more "global" solution...
      Any hints? Thanks in advance!