VilleEtJeuvideo

[FORM] - Need some help for my research paper

2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey!

I am currently preparing a research paper, as a French student in political science and urban planning, on the representation of cities in video games.

More specifically, the purpose of this study is to understand how players perceive and picture a city by building it in city builder games, especially SimCity 5 and Cities: Skylines which I will use for this research.

The raw material I need are screenshots from the game depicting your city in either of them; you can send one to ville.et.jeuvideo@gmail.com, preferably when you think your city is “done” (but feel free to add any other screenshots of your city’s intermediate stages!), while specifying which configuration you chose (which map, which game mode – classic or sandbox -, …). If you are going to send several screenshots, please specify in your email which city you are going to mention next.

Thus, if you are considering building a new city on one of these two games or if you are in the process of building or have done building, sending these screenshots will allow me to analyze differences or patterns in the cities built by players for instance.

Moving on, I invite you to respond to a questionnaire (that you can find here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScsHaBYohZ6jQ4QRvjwaTZ7vhVQNpOHVebfbqFBopSxut46hw/viewform?usp=sf_link), based on the screenshot(s) sent previously so that you take your analysis to the next level. If you’d also be interested in an interview on Skype, or in answering more detailed questions through email, just let me know!

Feel free to add any other information that you might consider relevant, in addition to this form, to my email address (ville.et.jeuvideo@gmail.com). If you want to have some feedback, let me know as well.

Thank you for your time :)