8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

When a custom asset burns down, the game does "rescue operations" forever. There is never a simple option to "Rebuild," as there is with special regular assets. When you have gone to extra lengths to position assets perfectly, this can be quite annoying, as the only solution is to demo and re-place.

20170322104016_1.thumb.jpg.9ef86ac32b661299b3df925700d850f3.jpg

Any solution for this? Where is the bug? Is it in the RICO mod or elsewhere?

I think that's normal due to the way the mod works. Those buildings are converted to growable prefabs which stay active to not getting abandoned - I think that's the "problem" about this. Normally, as the building is some growable, it would simply get deleted after the response unit cleared the remains - somehow even this does not apply as the building gets never "empty"

I don't exactly know how this mod actually works, but my clue is that there is always one citizen forced to live inside / work inside of the desire type - so the building is never abandoned and also this one citizen is never going to be rescued. So there might be some check needed to trace down if the building is destroyed to remove this one agent.

Still I don't think that you could simply rebuild the building the vanilla way as it would have to be converted back to a ploppable landmark first. But that's all just guessing as I know as much as Jon Snow does ;)

The RICO mod sets and removes various flags on each simulation step. 

There is possibly a flag set on the building that marks it as destroyed by a disaster. Can someone look this up in mod tools for me? I don't have the expansion installed.

6 hours ago, AJ3D said:

The RICO mod sets and removes various flags on each simulation step. 

There is possibly a flag set on the building that marks it as destroyed by a disaster. Can someone look this up in mod tools for me? I don't have the expansion installed.

Atm I look up those flags in scene explorer for you. I found the following:

right after a growable building is destroyed by something like an earthquake or meteor strike the following flags apply:

• m_flags = Created, Completed, ZonesUpdated, Collapsed
  • m_problems = StructureDamaged, FatalProblem

after the building was visited by the rescue team m_flags stay the same, but m_problems changes to:

• m_problems = StructureVisited, FatalProblem

in case a growable building burned down we got:

• m_problems = Fire, FatalProblem (guess just like in the game without that DLC installed)

after the building was visited by the rescue team m_flags stay the same, but m_problems changes to:

• m_problems = StructureVisited, FatalProblem

right after a ploppable building is destroyed by something like an earthquake or meteor strike the following flags apply:

• m_problems = StructureDamaged, FatalProblem

• m_problems = StructureVisitedService, FatalProblem

I hope this helps :) "Collapsed" seems to be your missing flag, but probably those problem flags are helpful too - on landmarks you are able to rebuild a plopped building by clicking a "rebuild" button in the buildings info panel. Growables got simply "bulldozed" after they were visited by the rescue teams.

I by now was not able to find the exact cause for the "rebuild button" to appear - probably it's some combination of the "Collapse" flag (the button appears as soon as this flag is triggered) and the "StructureVisitedService" flag (the button is active when this flag is enabled)

Thanks for looking that up.

Planetside 2 has stolen my past month of gaming time, but I've had my fun with it and will probably get back into CSL stuff for a few weeks.

Ill add this to the list of stuff that I need to look at.

1 hour ago, AJ3D said:

Thanks for looking that up.

Planetside 2 has stolen my past month of gaming time, but I've had my fun with it and will probably get back into CSL stuff for a few weeks.

Ill add this to the list of stuff that I need to look at.

Good to know, had the same, but with Fallout 4 again, lol

As you don't own the DLC here are some additional infos of how the game handles a collapsed landmark (as this is probably the way to go with those ploppable RICOs):

At the moment a building collapses the greyed out button for rebuilding appears in the building info panel + "Collapsed" is set. If the road connection is destroyed to an additional flag is set ("NoNetworkConnection" I think - this is used to decide if the disaster response team is send out by vehicle or by helicopter). The team then arrives and goes into the buildings collapsed remains. As the team has finished their job and left the remains (just like in case of a burning building) m_problems = BuildingVisitedService is set true and that button is clickable. After some click on it, the building "plops" itself again in the same spot while the destroyed remains got bulldozed at the same time.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      Hi Simtropolians,

I'm building my home town, Berlin, with the help of your many mods and assets (I am using 70+ mods and 600+ assets). I started playing Cities:Skylines about 2 months ago and I'm enthused by the activity happening here and in the Steam Workshop. Thank you guys! 

I'm endeavoring to add some of my own custom assets to the Workshop, but I'm new to the entire process. I'm good at photoshop, but I suck at Blender! I booted blender for the first time last week, so I'm at the rough end of a steep learning curve. You guys have been very helpful to get me over a few stumbling points. Now I'm getting ready to publish a couple of items and I'd like to run them by you first. I'm trying to start simple, but even simple objectives seem to morph into week-long efforts. Please let me know how my work can be improved.

I've got a Checkpoint Charlie cooking (check my screenshot stream on steam or on twitter, if you're interested), but let's start with the Rosinenbomber from the Deutsches Technikmuseum:

I found a DC-3 model by Giovanni E and lifted it to the top of the stock library with some prop anarchy:

I was happy to find a DC-3, but the model has some texture problems (the illumination map is always fully on) because it's an old model and was probably made before After Dark. In wanting to fix the lighting problem, I wound up re-texturing the entire model to specifically be the famous Berlin C-47 "Rosinenbomber," as well as adding some propellers.

It's starting to look decent in-game, but I still have some shadowing issues that I'm working on around the windows.

I'd like to improve the body texture so that it looks more silvery and less white in the sun (I'm using PhotoReal3 LUT and Daylight Classic mods).

Here are my current diffuse and spec maps:

How would I go about improving the look of the body surface? I'd like it to be more shiny and silvery.

My next question is, what is a good approach to make the LOD model?

Thx for looking & thx in advance for your suggestions.
      -Ami
    • By AmiPolizeiFunk
      After a RICO building burns down, Natural Disasters DLC recovery units get stuck "searching for survivors" forever. Both helicopters and trucks suffer from this bug. It will clog up your traffic and permanently break your recovery system. Can we fix this somehow?

IMO, manually demolishing and re-plopping all burned RICO buildings should not be a solution, nor should turning off fires completely.
    • By Lost Gecko
      I've just released my first assets and I decided to create a post not because there is much to see, but rather because as an inexperienced modeler it will be a good place to collect feedback and ask for advice. (I would like to keep the forum clean from my numerous questions!)
      So my project is a modular medieval wall that is currently made out of 7 parts of a 6m high set. This is the short version, which is suitable for town walls, but a 12m set is planned. I might also do a 9m version but don't quote me on that.
      The wall parts are based on the great "stone wall" template of Sparks, so they can be placed freely and conform to terrain. I tried to make their stats balanced in terms of entertainment value. I wanted the towers to avoid flattening the terrain and as I'm not good with playing with building's properties, I went with a water tower template without stats. It's not the most convenient but it works. It's also worth noting that the assets only really work well with an anarchy mod (especially the gates that I made without roads for more freedom).
      Here is the link to the collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=718095394
      New short pieces and the tall set are on the way, but probably not before the end of July. You can leave suggestions or feedback so that I can improve my future assets!

• By von_Maximilian
      I fell like there is a simple solution to this problem but it is eluding me. In a previous post I was asking for help adding RICO settings to sub-buildings and I now have that sorted out. However, I have this problem where all my sub-buildings included in the RICO XML file are appearing in the UI panel as boxes (see image below). In the XML I deleted the ui-category="xxxx" for all the sub-buildings but that didn't do anything. I am out of ideas. In an old guide by AJ3D he mentions:
      I am not sure how to give procedural placement style to buildings though, or if this is even the right solution lol. Any help appreciated.