Sign in to follow this  
jdbknpchi

Can you please help me?

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

I Really want too make a great CJ Soon ,But I feel like im ether, going too fast with it or too slow, If you know what  I Mean? .Anyway , But can you guy's Help Me Make A good City journal, Please Leave Links For  Mods   ,Ideas,  Anything That will make my New CJ Great, I Know Iv'e  Made Cjs In the Past  Before  ,And    All Of them Have Failed,  I really  Want too make one and get people Inn On what im trying too do. thank you guys for Your Help

P.s I Really like too get people involved in what I do, Like, Polls, Questions, ETC....

I Just Really Like you  guys Too Be involved In my Decisions!

I still have this problem. I decide to make a City Journal, but have not posted any articles because I always think that article is not good enough. As for trying to attract visitors, try to go above and beyond the pictures. Try to create some history or a story about your city. That will get people hooked. My advice is if you want to make a City Journal, try not to spend too much time worrying about how good it is. I still have to work on that part :D  

--Themaroonday

• Original Poster
  • You can check mine out for pointers if you want. Won a lot of awards. (Link in signature)

Tip: let the pictures do the talking. No need for a text wall, besides they say 1,000 words!

OMG Your cities are amazing! You did an excellent Job On them! Wow I Have One Question Can You Please Give Me the Links to the buildings there soo many that I loved your highway systems,Everything is Awesome! please , give me links to the mods,Bats,...

I think it would take several days to list all the BATs Haljackey (and any other experienced user) uses and list its STEX/other exchanges links. The best approach in this case is begin surfing the exchanges, searching for what you like and carefully selecting the content. If you fall in a download spree, you are going to have problems with unnoticed dependancies sooner or later. Just go, search for what you desire, install it carefully, test it in-game... And yeah, spend a lot of hours in the STEX and reading ReadMes.

But before begin, u shud probably look into other people, cj's, not only that, look into the show us your... threads to get a good idea of what style or theme you want your cities to have and to give inspirations. From there, it will be much easier to search for content that suites ur taste and will significantly narrow down what ur searching for.

Exactly, study up and make a test city too.

As for mods and BATs, here are some tips to find some great content (and a lot of the stuff I use).

-Search the STEX for the highest rated and most popular content

-Search SC4D's LEX for popular content

-Check Out the

A lot of gems can also be found on the STEX Collections DVDs.

You need to express your creativity.  I hope the title of this thread is not an example of that.

I've found that I don't have the level of creativity to make a good CJ because I am far too controlled by my left brain.  I am a better journalist, even though that is not my trade.  As an example of my writing I offer you this.  Reads more like a Reader's Digest first person article than the kind of creative fiction you need for a CJ.

If you don't have a story you can create out of whole cloth, pick one from literature and illustrate it.