Sign in to follow this  
lovesimcity4life

Gmax Error!

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello Again i am experiencing a error when trying to Install Gmax , when i click setup a seperate dialogue pops up named Sc4 Buddy and asks me to install it so i installed it but Gmax did Not Install and then it displayed a Error Message... if anyone has experienced this problem and knows how to get Around please let me know ! . 

• Original Poster
  • Thank you for your input and i beleive it is related to that software , see i previously had Sc4 Buddy on my system to test the software out , but as i didn't really need it i un-installed it, and now it seems it has caused a conflict with Gmax somehow , i also previously had Gmax installed months ago and in the installation it never asked for Sc4 Buddy to be Installed.

So the issue i am having is that i can't install Gmax from http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax , without it installing Sc4 Buddy in the process and sc4 Buddy then does not install correctly and displays some Error message which then the installation is cancelled.

As far as I know that is incorrect.  This buddy thing is probably some kind of malware.  I would purge it, if I were you.  Purging a piece of software means taking out all of its parts including any registry entries, temporaries, and the software itself including any configuration files.  You may find it is hard to get rid of.

Gmax has no qualified association with the BAT.  The BAT is a game pack for gmax, but is installed after gmax is activated.

• Original Poster
  • ikr which is why i thought this Error was extremely weird , i have just gone through my Pc and deleted everthying containing Sc4 Buddy content , and done a Full system scan thankfully No viruses were found. Gmax is now Installed Correctly 

• Original Poster
  • Nh i Agree all tho i didn't have any Viruses or Malware Infections from the Program i think perhaps it was just a glitch caused by the program that somehow managed to conflict with Installing Gmax. it's Very weird but all is good now :)

From what I see, this is a project in either alpha or beta release and should be restricted to those who have agreed to test it.  General publication appears to be premature.  Anyone who has downloaded it must be aware that it is incomplete/not quality assured, and may expect difficulties.  With windows it may never be in a release candidate state.

If you are not a computer type, I suggest staying far away from such stuff.