Sign in to follow this  
WJ_Webhog

Soon, SimCity Update 1.9, and then?

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi,

Judging by the pace at which EA/Maxis are releasing updates, a 1.9 update for SimCity should soon become available...

Oh!? But if we soon have v1.9, and all updates has been numbered as 1.[0-9], does that mean that we'll soon see update 2.0!? A complete new SimCity version !!!?                 Well, we all know is metaphysically highly unlikely...

So if we are not getting v2, I guess we will get v1.10 and so on... unless we do actually get v2, but in the form of a DLC...

I guess you could also argue that the "9" in "1.9" might mean that this will actually be the last update / patch that they will bother to release for SimCity 2013, lol...

Anyway... enough speculations, what do you think?

Scary.

Scary.

Maybe these patches are numbered 1.1.1 -1.1.2 -...-1.1.9 -1.2.0 ?

SC has great potential and i believe they will fix the game (and learn something of value!?).  I'm not so sure about how this fixed SC will be but i think SC4 players will have to wait another year decade to get their game.

What i think? Well, that this Simcity will never become the game, the fans want it to become. So it doens't matter how many patches will follow, the game will simply not be good enough to please the fans.

There are simply to much changes needed to make the game work, so we simply have to wait for many years again in the hope of getting a game that fullfills our needs.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Larma
      My game crashes about 5 minutes into loading a map even on vanilla (-noWorkshop -noMods). I'm guessing it has something to do with my RAM based on similar posts, but  shouldn't 8gb of ram enough even for the un-modded game?
      The full log
      E: My specs:
      Operating System
          Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      CPU
          AMD FX-8320   
          Vishera 32nm Technology
      RAM
          8,00Gt Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 722MHz (9-9-9-24)
      Motherboard
          ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. M5A97 R2.0 (Socket 942)   
      Graphics
          S22B300 (1920x1080@60Hz)
          V226HQL (1920x1080@60Hz)
          4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (Gigabyte)   
      Storage
          931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)  
          100GB Microsoft Storage Space Device (SATA)   
          930GB Microsoft Storage Space Device (SATA)   
      Optical Drives
          ASUS DRW-24F1ST a
      Audio
          Realtek High Definition Audio
    • By AmiPolizeiFunk
      Two different authors have had their assets break in the last 24h after trying to update them. I wonder if CO changed something? 
      broken satellite dish prop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904028991
      broken ferry: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111278454

In the main menu when I went to "ASSETS", modtools spat out an Image Error. And C:S showed wrong thumbnails for those assets.

anybody know what may be going on?

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      I frequently run walking or biking paths next to roads, painstakingly aligned for aesthetics w/ MoveIt. When I want to change the road type, or even simply change the network skin, it destroys all of my nearby paths. Is there a way to update a road type non-destructively? This has been a nuisance for a year now and I guess I finally feel like posting about it.

I've had to either a. rebuild everything that it destroys, or b. drag stuff away from the update in advance, and then drag the stuff back. Since my stuff is usually heavily layered, both of these solutions suck. Do you guys have any ideas?
    • By Don_Pato

2012, Jarunja City - The government became Tennis, a serious sport. In effect was built the Jarunja Open Stadium. This event is the most important in the region.

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
      As expected, my save failed to load. What's the protocol here? Should I disable all mods and try to add them back one-by-one?

Let's help each other out by listing out mods that have been broken and should definitely be disabled. Who will go first?