Sign in to follow this  
MOWS 4 U

Homeless, homeless everywhere (see pic)

17 posts in this topic Last Reply

I have so freakin' many homeless I don't know what to do.  It's stupid that they would even put homeless in this game if they're aren't going to be homeless shelters or some way to get rid of them. Is there at least something I can do to keep from getting even more of them?

EDIT:

Okay I pasted a picture in here but it goes away when posted.  Apparently I need to know how to do that as well.

I read somewhere if you have a bus depot they slowly disappear from your city, if they are homeless, how do they have enough money to pay for the bus? maybe they are begging by the street corner with a sign "homeless will work

for bus ticket"? :rofl:

I read somewhere if you have a bus depot they slowly disappear from your city, if they are homeless, how do they have enough money to pay for the bus? maybe they are begging by the street corner with a sign "homeless will work

Probably have a few bucks in their pocket from odd jobs or whatever; just not enough to get a new apartment. I think the police will chase them out of the parks, but I may be mistaken.

I'll have to try the bus depot thing.   Still need to know how to get a picture to post

On the second row of the text editor, there is a icon just to the left of the blue angle bracks and just a bit to the left of the yellow smilie face.  Click on that one and it will give you a place to copy the link to your picture.  All pictures must be hosted off site.

I'll have to try the bus depot thing.   Still need to know how to get a picture to post

You'll have to upload the image to an image hosting service (like CloudApp or Imgur) then click the "insert picture" button (underneath the font color and emoticon buttons in the text editor) and add the URL to the image you uploaded.

• Original Poster
  • Ah

On the second row of the text editor, there is a icon just to the left of the blue angle bracks and just a bit to the left of the yellow smilie face.  Click on that one and it will give you a place to copy the link to your picture.  All pictures must be hosted off site.

Ah.

Spark_2013-03-23_18-01-29_zpse0b3451d.pn

i started to get a homeless epidemic, has been an issue in 3 city's so far.. this time i destroyed all my parks and made sure i bulldozed every abandoned \ rubble building the moment it poped up. took about 5 days game time for them to finally start leaving. once i noticed the first few leave they all disappeared pretty quickly... i have tried to get rid of them so many times before... seems if u have parks even if turned off, then its impossible.

well actually i still have 1 homeless but i think he is just bugged and should disappear when i reload the game... i guess i should do that before plopping all my parks again.

I had a similar issue, hundreds of homeless clogging the streets.  Residential had moved up in density before my job providing zones did.  Jobs very quickly though caught up and there were plenty of open jobs, yet the homeless remained.  I did have a bus depot, but they didnt care, they remained.  Bulldozing the abandoned buildings is key in addition to the busses.  That cleared about half of the hundreds out.  I then went and bull dozed any building that was yellow, orange or red on happiness, and that got rid of them all almost instantly.  I didnt need to bulldoze the parks.  Since then, I have made a habit of bulldozing complaining buildings when they are complaining about something already fixed.  Like a sim complaining about lack of money, even though there is a job available for them and no traffic issue to get to it.  It does some some sims get "stuck" unhappy even when the problem is gone.  Almost like if someone went to look for a job, and didnt find one, they would never look again (I didnt test this, maybe it doesnt happen the first time, but certainly after X times, they stop looking no matter how many jobs are right  across the street and will just complain until they go from yellow to orange to red then abandon).  Eventually that stuck sim will abandon the building, then etc....  So making a habit of bulldozing buildings complaining about already fixed issues will help a lot with your cities progression (since it will instantly rebuild to the same density, you are not losing anything).

Probably have a few bucks in their pocket from odd jobs or whatever; just not enough to get a new apartment. I think the police will chase them out of the parks, but I may be mistaken.

Or the city government is payin' em to leave town. A few cities have been known to do that in the past...

ok I fixed my homeless issue like this

first place a bus depot the regional kind not a shuttle

then  destroy all your parks it will lower your residents happiness some but once you do that just keep all trash and abandoned buildings gone and your homeless leave at a rate of about 5 to 10 per hour.

so you have to live with a few hours to days with people being upset about no parks but your homeless will leave,

I tried turning the parks off and the homeless just stayed kind of sucks that the police don't move them out when you shut down the parks.