Sign in to follow this  
Count_BoneHead

Recycling centers

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am having a problem with the recycling center filling up. I created some depots for exporting those materials but remains full. New to Simcity so any help would be appreciated. As weel as trading please

First, you need to add the Metal/Alloy/Plastic sorters. Then you need to add a trade building to send those reclaimed stuff from the recycling plant to the trade building.

You also need to check that the trade building is accepting locally produced goods and that it is exporting those goods.

You also need to make sure that the recylcing centre has delivery trucks at it. Those are used to transfer the reclaimed material from the recylcing centre to the trade depot.  The trucks that go out to collect the trash are not the same ones!

You'll also need to have the correct HQ upgrades to sell the material as well (Metals HQ for alloy and metal; Petrolium HQ for plastic) if you want to sell them onto the global market

You'll also need to have the correct HQ upgrades to sell the material as well (Metals HQ for alloy and metal; Petrolium HQ for plastic) if you want to sell them onto the global market

I beleive you may be wrong on this one. You dont need a Petrolium HQ to sell plastic globally unless you meant oil. To sell metals, alloy and plastic you simply need a trade Depot and the necessary  storage for them. Let me know if I misunderstood you.

I beleive you may be wrong on this one. You dont need a Petrolium HQ to sell plastic globally unless you meant oil. To sell metals, alloy and plastic you simply need a trade Depot and the necessary  storage for them. Let me know if I misunderstood you.

O ok.  When I went to my trade depo, it wouldnt allow me to build a plastics storage area because I hadnt got the petroleum HQ.  Although, that is the first time I've used a recycling centre and it got destroyed quickly by a giant lizard (grumble grumble).  I will have a check latter on and see what it said :)

By default, you can plop down plastic, alloy, metal and freight on trade depots.  No special unlocks required.   Trade ports on the other hand require unlocks from HQ upgrades.

I've got an issue with my recycling center... It says 20/20 tons of recycled materials storage, but the plastic, alloy and metal bars are near empty. Except for plastic, it says I have 420 crates of it, and it won't change for more or less... My city is complaining about garbage everywhere (recyclabe, I've checked) and no trucks will pick it up... I have a plastic storage at my trade depot and set it to be exported... nothing happened... I've plopped a Processor Factory to see if I could use this stored plastic, but nothing happened... I have all delivery trucks and reclamation trucks placed, don't know what else to do...

I've got an issue with my recycling center... It says 20/20 tons of recycled materials storage, but the plastic, alloy and metal bars are near empty. Except for plastic, it says I have 420 crates of it, and it won't change for more or less... My city is complaining about garbage everywhere (recyclabe, I've checked) and no trucks will pick it up... I have a plastic storage at my trade depot and set it to be exported... nothing happened... I've plopped a Processor Factory to see if I could use this stored plastic, but nothing happened... I have all delivery trucks and reclamation trucks placed, don't know what else to do...

Switch to the garbage data layer filter, do you see your recycling trucks driving around the city?  Are they stuck somewhere?

Edit:  Wait sorry.   If your recycling center is full, your trucks may just be sitting there not doing anything.  Sounds like your recycling center is stuck.  A bug perhaps.   Do you have the cash to doze it and create another one (its a bit expensive)?   If so, turn it off first and let all the trucks come back home, then doze it and rebuild.    I've had trade ports and centers have somewhat similar issue and had to doze them all before they started working again.   Perhaps somebody else here knows...

Switch to the garbage data layer filter, do you see your recycling trucks driving around the city? Are they stuck somewhere?

No for both... my recycling center is basically to deal with the garbage of my neighbor residential city... I send the trucks there but they just won't go... the regular garbage trucks and my garbage dumps are working just fine! The problem is the recycling ones... they're not collecting anything not even delivering what's already stored to Trade Depots or Processor Factory... I'm puzzled...

EDIT: Yea, good idea... I'll doze it and then rebuild it to see what happens...

Edited by Vinicius Maciel  

Switch to the garbage data layer filter, do you see your recycling trucks driving around the city? Are they stuck somewhere?

No for both... my recycling center is basically to deal with the garbage of my neighbor residential city... I send the trucks there but they just won't go... the regular garbage trucks and my garbage dumps are working just fine! The problem is the recycling ones... they're not collecting anything not even delivering what's already stored to Trade Depots or Processor Factory... I'm puzzled...

EDIT: Yea, good idea... I'll doze it and then rebuild it to see what happens...

I did a quick google search and it seems to be a known issue (bug), especially when you send trucks to a neighbouring city. 

Link

As far as i know, if you have this bug, the only thing you can do is build a second (or third) recycling centre. The new additional one will be operational. But you cant bulldoze the old ones, they need to stay. You need to have more centres (or garages?) than before the bug, and only the newly built ones will properly work.

A possible cause to this bug is deleting a building with active trucks (or getting it destroyed). Another cause is said to be, if youre collecting recycled materials too fast and the centre cant process it in time and fills up. Once full youre stuck. I dont know what exactly is right.

To prevent these bugs go like this: With any building having any service vehicles out, consider to close it before bulldozing. And dont let the Recycling center fill up. You scale your collection rate and the rate of recycled materials by the count of collection trucks you have. So start slowly and increase and always check you process faster than you collect.

As per the devs, this is the "anti-exploit" system which prevents them from working. Theyre fixing this.

These arent facts, just collected info on the webs.

I have the opposite issue. I want to stop collecting recycable garbage. all recyling centers have been demolished in the entire region (I only have 4 cities, two of which where collecting recyling garbage) but still, I have not collected recycling garbage in all 4 cities which is starting to create immense ground pollution issues and I don't know how to get my sims not to recycle anymore.

Thanks for your help, guys. I think it's a pretty serious bug... Can't fix it. And can't keep playing my region as well, cause this problem is causing a chain reaction which is leading me to total failure: in my residential city, garbage accumulates very quickly, leading to ground pollution, sickness, fires... increasing services to compensate it is absurdely expensive, leading me to bankruptcy...

So I'll start a new region and try not to use recycling until it's fixed...