Sign in to follow this  
kosh22

Shoppers hell

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

I saw a post on either this forum or the offical EA forum regarding the movement of teh different sims wealth groups. So $ sims only go to $ shops and industry etc. I can't find that post but felt I had to comment at how wrong that is, if indeed it is true.

In real life $ industries will have middle and upper management who will be $$ and $$$ people. $$$ people will shop occasionally in $ stoers for their milk and cheap batteries. $ people will work in $$$ shops. $ people will shop in $$ shops.

I am fed up of my shops saying they have no shoppers when clearly there are. Some form of weighting system needs to be applied so that a % of $$ and $$$ workers go to $ industries/ shops etc.

I agree. This is one of the many things that make it more of a puzzle game than a simulation. Kind of like Cities XL.

I don't mind the 3 tier system for wealth, density or the stratification by worker, shopper, and student.  And of course the long term trifecta of RCI.  What I do mind is that the interaction between them is simple, only one layer.  It would have been nice if they had added more sophistication and subtlety to the interactions which could have resulted in a more in-depth of simulation.  If I'm too busy microing' and revising my road and neighborhoods to accommodate the interactions then its less time bumping against the city's geography limit. 

Their system is really dumb and hyper segregated. What they should of done is have each commercial business have a requirement of a certain tracked number for sales to stay in business based on wealth..( aka.....$C will need less sales than $$C which needs less than $$$C). Then have the wealth shoppers weighted, ($R = 0.25, $$R = 0.5 $$$R=1, for example). And just allow shoppers to go anywhere. Obviously this is rough, and would need tuned to get exact numbers. But that simple system is light years better than what is currently in place. Some of the design choices in this game really confuse the heck out of me on why they wanted to go the way they did.