Sign in to follow this  
Vaikin

City not Processing Properly

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

No jokes, in 5 minutes I had 3 rollbacks in 1 city. A few hours later, in another city, I had 5 more rollbacks in 5 minutes(3 of them were almost back to back). The insane thing is, I wasn't even doing anything. I was trying to build a great works site(need to send a zillion resources), so I was just letting it run.

Anyone know why? Or just really bad luck?

O yes, gave up playing after a handfull of rollbacks happened in 10 minutes yesterday Logged in just now to find my city is gone. :(

Don't know if the signs of it going bananas are glitchy buildings, buildings on roads, buildings rising out of the ground on magically appearing mountains? Cause this all hapenend to me in my last hour of playing yesterday before the rollbacks started.

Happend to me few times. See my posts under loosing a city or lost city. Anyway, I also start to wonder wether its a fun game or the eventually will loose the market.

This is actually making the game completely unenjoyable. This is unreal that I can't play for more than 5-6 minutes without having to roll back again. I'm sure EA and Maxis are tired of hearing it, but what point is it having everything server based if your system can't handle it all? It didn't start happening to me until I started a Great Works site. Then suddenly my city won't process for more than a few minutes at a time.

after some 15+ cities on atleast 4 regions spanning 2 different servers i'm giving up playing sim city....OH YEAH it only started to happen AFTER patch 1.5 was released i never had a problem before then.... i hate EA

remember to quit the game every few hours. This enforce a synchronization with the server, so if you got a rollback, you'll limit the damages it causes.

Yes this is dumb...

But the game IS dumb, just like the whole online enforcing approach is.... so you'll have to go down to it's level...

I wonder how frequently it auto-saves... The game froze 20 minutes ago, haven't re-opened it yet to see what teh damage that it did was.

Cob: When you launch the game, use the "Play" button on the title screen, not the "Resume" button, you'll be able to access your region and if your city is "corrupt", you'll be able to manually run a rollback on it.

it doesn't matter how often you sync the server when you make 3 cities in a region and they all fall to the processing bug theres nothing you can do