Sign in to follow this  
mendi80

Details on patch v1.6.1 released this morning:

18 posts in this topic Last Reply

A new Simcity patch was released earlier today, which unfortunately has nothing to do with the highly anticipated traffic patch everyone is waiting for. One major complaint was how the tutorial would start up the first time you played on each server. In Patch 1.6.1, players will be able to start the game right away after viewing the tutorial once, even when they switch servers. But if you are faced with this situation, you can actually skip this tutorial by exiting to the main menu mid-way.  The patch also fixes a bug with airports where the game would report the adjacent runway was too steep to build. You can view the other list of changes below.

General:

• Turned regional Achievements back on!
  • We are now prioritizing games with available slots in the “Join Game” menu in the front end
  • Update so players will go through the Getting Started Scenario only once. They will see the Play menus when they switch servers
  • Fix for a gameplay crash
  • UI improvement: Increased time showing system alerts for readability
  • Graphics: shader change to improve look of walls and parking lots
  • It’s now easier to place airport runways
  • Budget transaction optimization to increase performance
  • Update of Buffers on buildings to save memory
  • Performance improvement for lower end machines

Servers:

• Database performance upgrades to increase response times

http://simcitizens.com/simcity-patch-1-6-1-restores-achievements-plays-tutorial-once/

They need to fix garbage dumps! The info box says I have 12 collection trucks, and that the dump is "Collecting Garbage", but on the bottom-right, apparently no bins are being collected, so my city is ruined with 80,000 people! It is probably a very limited issue - I'm on Europe West 1.

Reminded @simcity on twitter about the recycle bug. They cant possibly not know about it by now, yet not seen a response from then on it. Looking forward for better traffic AI. Played on Atlantis it was stuttering, hopefully that is solved on next game launch

I think these patch notes are actually for 1.5.1 which was released yesterday 3/15.

The patch this morning updated the game to 1.6, I have not seen those patch notes.

1.6.1 has not been released.

Here is my game version after this mornings patch:

patch.JPG

But if you are faced with this situation, you can actually skip this tutorial by exiting to the main menu mid-way. 

You could do that in the beta.

I think these patch notes are actually for 1.5.1 which was released yesterday 3/15.

The patch this morning updated the game to 1.6, I have not seen those patch notes.

1.6.1 has not been released.

Here is my game version after this mornings patch:

patch.JPG

Thanks for letting me know. It's possible that the patch notes for 1.6.1 are actually for 1.6.0. However the staff continue to refer to it as 1.6.1, could be some miscommunication on their part.

I'm starting to think cheetah isn't even possible. Either their servers can't handle it or the game can't run accurate simulations at that speed. The game is SO slow without it.

I'm starting to think cheetah isn't even possible. Either their servers can't handle it or the game can't run accurate simulations at that speed. The game is SO slow without it.

This will probably be the last thing they enable. They cannot do it all at once because they don't want to overwhelm the servers and bring them down again.

Agreed.  I find myself multitasking while playing the game because it's moving too slow.  Really has hindered my enjoyment of the game.

It is possible and will be back!

It is possible and will be back!

I check in on the SimCity Twitter handle a couple times a day to see if cheetah is back.  Getting tired of reading "cheetah will be restored when the servers have been stabilized".  And they refuse to give even an estimate on when the servers will be stable.

Basically, this Tuesday the game will have been out for 2 weeks and it still won't have what I consider a core gameplay element.

cheetah speed IS enabled... Start a new region on a new server.

Your city is glitched, and from what I have seen so far, when a city glitches, its over for that city.

I have a city in sandbox mode that won't enable sandbox functions and keeps getting hit by aliens

To be frank, I dunno why there is a need to play on cheetah speed. With the old Simcity, I only played on medium speed and in this new version, that is also the same speed I have been playing. Maybe some of you like to grow your city as fast as possible but I find that the medium speed is good enough that I can see the growth of my city and still enjoy the sights and sounds. I have to say that if anything needs to be done about the speed is that llama speed is really a tad too slow. If they could increase it a wee bit, that would be just right.

To me, I would have preferred that they fix the numerous bugs that have been reported such as how u cannot connect a ferry depot in one of the city no matter where the depot is placed. Or how unreliable sharing of resources across the region is. To each his own I suppose.

@Vampirovibrio, I agree that there are more important bugs they should be fixing, bugs that really do hinder the gameplay experience. I just want Cheetah speed to come back because it shouldn't be something that requires ANY coding, just a on/off switch. It's not a change that should take more than 2 seconds so I don't get why it's still being withheld.

Cheetah speed will place that much more load on their servers.  When addressing server issues, EA had to cripple features to make gameplay possible.  From what I can tell, they're brining back these features slowly and likely keeping an eye on server performance.  You're right, no coding required to bring this back, likely just an easy token change on their end BUT sometimes code changes are easier to implement than server side performance problems.

Personally though, I find medium speed good enough.  It gives me time to plan things out.  I rarely have to wait for money to accumulate - if I did, it's generally because I've built beyond my means.