Sign in to follow this  
jag140

Nation of Usonia

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

The Nation Of Usonia came into establishment after the upper peninsular war of 1805 met with deadlock. Despite the increasing efforts of colonists to push westward, the indigenous population put up a harsh fight, discouraging anyone from entering the northern region of modern-day Minnesota. As a result, the Louisiana purchase only covered a certain portion of the new world, The great lakes region was a truly lawless place.

An artist's depiction of Fort Ridgeworth, a bastion located on a small island in lake superior. It may not seem like much but rich natural resources, natural beauty, and strategic position prove its worth. The name "ridge" is derived from its crescent shape.

battle_of_fort_mchenry.jpg

Unfortunately, due to increasing conflict, rioting was inevitable between colonists and separatist rebels in the region. Villages were burned down, forcing the U.S. army to intervene.

TownFire-1.jpg

On midnight of December 9, 1812 cannons were fired at crescent isle, a tiny settlement of 1 km^2. 30 people were killed, most of whom were civilians, thus erupting a fierce conflict.

IslandFire-1.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Thanks for the comments, everyone. Although I gave a location of the city on the previous post, I've decided that it would be better in a fictional area.

Although fires raged on through blocks of buildings and cannons blazed, the settlement had managed to survive. Who would've expected this boring plot of suburban sprawl to be interesting? I live in Gallaghresville, named after a business tycoon of some sort. The architecture is quite interesting, but the residents? We prefer the city for our entertainment.

GallaghresvilleStreet_zpsb71cebbd-1_zpsf34e6bc0.jpg

I'll admit that it is a pretty nice town, and more refined than any sun-belt suburb but it is just old and tired. Parts of the town have lost their charm, but it's much better than that smelly old industrial park just south of here.

GallaghresvilleStores_zps5cc1b49b-1_zps32d9a36d.jpg

Well, that's all I have to say about this booming town, hopefully it's historical appeal and quaint charm will attract visitors for years to come.

GallaghresvilleCorner_zps4f65c436-1_zpsc616539b.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Replies:

@ Republic Master & Vivapanda

Thanks, that was what I was going for, glad I accomplished it.

@ Jason Leo & Schulmanator

Thanks, I am glad you like it.

There should be an update tomorrow. I just need help deciding on the location of this because I am terrible at deciding, should the region be located in Maine, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, or off the coast of Maryland/Virginia?

• Original Poster
  • Now, here's a quick break from the comparatively mild climates of Usonia.

Welcome to the most isolated city on Earth...

AntarcticCity_zps8e079a7e-1_zps4c314f40.jpg