Sign in to follow this  
MandelSoft

Project Symphony - Development

67 posts in this topic Last Reply

You're talking about the holy grail for the RHW: central 4-level stack interchange piece where you can attach each multiple heights of the RHW to it. Now that the RHW has multiple heights, something like this could become quite popular.

We're on the same page here.

But now I'm curious about that picture in the manual.   :???:   No one tell me; I want to try and figure it out.  And I feel like it's a secret/surprise anyway.

Nope. That wouldn't work, because a Stack interchange only has one rotation symmetry axis around 180 degrees, so the quarter method can't work here. It's the middle overpass that ruins it all here, because the overpass ramps for NE and SW have a different height level then the ramps coming from NW and SE. Same goes for the two overpassing MHWs...

Well I guess it still could work, but 2 models would need to be used. Not really the most efficient way of doing things unless parts can be duplicated for both pieces except for the changes that need to be made.

If your only option for transport is building densly with MHWs, I think you should re-think your urban planning strategy...

I use the Maxis Highway for all my regions, im currently building Los Angeles made by drunk apple, the entire Western half he broke his LA map into 4 I combined the West into one massive region, If I was to ever finish this region it certainly would not be happening with the RHW as much as I wish for it, the regions I toy with are so big that having to custom make an interchange at every junction would leave me with regions that would never be fully developed, doesnt mean I dislike the RHW or the work you guys are doing here though

I've come across a problem with the ramps from an L2.  I can't create an entrance on one side.  I can create an exit for the opposing lane, along with an entrance as well as an exit, but $%&^! me if I want to create an entrance lane.

For instance, on the right hand side on a northbound road, I can create an exit and an entrance lane on the northbound side, but on the southbound lane, I can only create an exit, as the game will not allow me to place an entrance as well for any traffic that would like to merge onto the southbound lane.  However, I can do such with an L0, which is quite queer.

I've come across a problem with the ramps from an L2.  I can't create an entrance on one side.  I can create an exit for the opposing lane, along with an entrance as well as an exit, but $%&^! me if I want to create an entrance lane.

For instance, on the right hand side on a northbound road, I can create an exit and an entrance lane on the northbound side, but on the southbound lane, I can only create an exit, as the game will not allow me to place an entrance as well for any traffic that would like to merge onto the southbound lane.  However, I can do such with an L0, which is quite queer.

I think that was a bug with NAM 31.1. Have you updated your NAM? :whatevs:

If your only option for transport is building densly with MHWs, I think you should re-think your urban planning strategy...

I use the Maxis Highway for all my regions, im currently building Los Angeles made by drunk apple, the entire Western half he broke his LA map into 4 I combined the West into one massive region, If I was to ever finish this region it certainly would not be happening with the RHW as much as I wish for it, the regions I toy with are so big that having to custom make an interchange at every junction would leave me with regions that would never be fully developed, doesnt mean I dislike the RHW or the work you guys are doing here though

I used to feel that way, too, but after a couple months of RHW-"training", most simple four way interchanges take me less than five minutes now. RHW is not really that time-consuming once you have a good workflow with it.