Sign in to follow this  

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

No, this is not the beginning of Skynet or anything similar. There is a growing demand for viable internet connectivity in space, and the current system is completely unprepared to deal with the challenges of space communication. As a result, work is ongoing to produce a series of communication protocols that can interface with current internet protocols while successfully coping with the realities of deep space communications.

Sarcasm is not one of those things that transfers well across the internet. (Maybe we should get them to work on a new sarcasm protocol. :P)

• Original Poster
  • Maybe we should use an appropriate smilie. This one :kitty: for example. Perhaps we can all agree on a new rule? Kitty could be used as a quote mark.

This is how the big technologies starts, I mean, maybe in some decades or a century will be common in the new explorations.

<sarcasm>

Oh god, this will be usefull, since in a couple of years I will go to the space. I promise a lot of photos in FB ;) .

</sarcasm>

I use that html tags structure or italic text to express sarcasm in the net. Since even in the real world I have serious problems to understand when the people is using a sarcasm, I tend to make identifiers to make me understand.

• Original Poster
  • Wow! :kitty: Were you planning to live on a station, or something more solid like the Moon or Mars? :kitty: I am using Kitty for sarcastic brackets.

But seriously, Alejandro, have you read Arthur C. Clarke's Prelude to Space and Prelude to Mars?