Sign in to follow this  

Official Maxis Plugins Location

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

quick question, exactly where do the official maxis plugins go ?

i know that they will work in the documents plugins folder and i'm pretty sure they will work in the games master plugins folder but what about the sku data folder ?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\simcity4\Sku_Data\Sku1_US\Plugin_002_TheLivingMall.dat

this is the standard location for the living mall lot w/a fresh install and no mods added, should the official maxis plugins go in this folder that begin w/plugin ?

i.e. Plugin_032_MayflowerPort.dat just curious if placing the official maxis lots in the the sku folder is where they are supposed to go as opposed to the documents folder

Edited by chimeran  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Craig-Abcvs

Now showing on a STEX or PLEX near you. This SC4.lot file landing strip, is a small yet busy functional airport, designed for your MTP communities and will replace the Maxis Small Landing Strip.   All costs and stats remain the same as its Maxis replacement.   To install unzip and place the lot file in your Plug-ins folder.   To un-install simply delete the file from your plug-in folder.   Features include:   Improved taxi-ways with runway lighting. MTP / Rural themed textures, flora and props. Timed aircraft props to simulate aircraft movement. Different day and night timed people and cars.  Security Guards will come on and off shift during  the day and night at the main security checkpoint. The security gate on the far side of the airport will line up with the gates on the MTP Econo-Airbase, to provide a paved runway for the cash-strapped MTP airforce. This airport still includes the Skydiving, Crop Dusting and Stunt Plane "U-Drive it" planes.   Dependencies: PEG-MTP Super Pack
      PEG-Security Fencing
      Additional Screenie:

Download Here - STEX
    • By WeBuiltThisCityOnSimCity
      In one of my city avenue, there seems to be boxes along the way. 

I know it's because I'm lacking a dependency and it's probably about lights, but how do I fix this?
    • By fakelvis
      As you will no doubt know, the Maxis SC4 website shut down a long time ago, and with it went the Maxis tools and DLC landmarks.
      The Maxis DLC landmarks were once available over on Screwpile Developments, but that no longer works. Also @MoofishPro made them available here, but the .ipb file means these cannot be installed on a Mac.
      (Staff Note: This has now been fixed and was broken due to an error with the file submission, where the zip extension wasn't assigned. So this can also be a viable alternative to the landmarks as packaged here.)

You can find all of these by trawling the internet and various SC4 forums. But, in this simple .zip file, I've compiled the .dat files for all 29 Maxis DLC Landmarks.

Unzip Place the entire folder into your SC4 Plugins folder Done
      63 Building Adler Planetarium Air Force Base (actually a Civic Reward, not a landmark) Arc de Triomphe Brandenburg Gate Capitol Records Globe Arena Grand Central Station Grutze Industries Grutzehaus Kunjungjon Living Mall Longfellow Castle Lucky's Hang Ten Mayflower Port Nam Dae Moon (a.k.a. Sungre Mun) Parthenon Rockerfeller Center San Francisco City Hall Schloss Schoenbrun Shorty Burger Seoul City Hall Seoul Soccer Stadium Sobchak Lanes Stone House (a.k.a. Ian's House of Stone and Wood) Stonehenge Taipei Art Museum Temple Expiatiori de la Sagrada Familia Temple of Grutz
      As far as I can see, this is compatible with the 'AllInOne.dat' file from @toroca's Functional Landmarks mod.
    • By Simmer2
      SM2 Rutger Hauer Station.
      A simple 6X4 DTR train station.
      Cost to plop 4000
      Capacity 47500
      Besides being a train station, it also acts as a bus stop and a car park. Compatible with both RRW and Maxis vanilla rail.
      Credit and congratulations goes to The British Sausage for winning the name contest for this lot! Very fitting name indeed
      Credit for the amazing main building goes to Aarsgevogelte. Thank you!
      Have fun, Simmer2
      PS Lots of HD props included in this zip.
      VIP Delecto Ploppable people - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3448
      BSC - VIP girafe carpack vol. 1 & 2 - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2821
      SM2 Prop pack Vol2 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      SM2 Prop pack Vol3 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3499
      SM2 Prop pack Vol4 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3548
      SP SuperSHK MEGA Textures https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31006-supershk-mega-parking-textures/
      Stationsstraat 3, Tilburg https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/32077-stationsstraat-3-tilburg/
    • By JakeMD
      Saw something you liked in someone's screenshot but can't find it? Vaguely remember seeing something once, but you don't know where it is?
      Wondering whether or not a plugin of a certain type exists?
      This is the thread where you can ask for help finding things.
      When asking, please be as descriptive and specific as possible. This can help people to understand what you're looking for.
      If possible, screenshots are also encouraged.

This thread is a direct continuation of the original topic, which got too big. Someone might have already been looking for the same thing as you, so checking there first might get you your answer faster.

P.S. If you would like a particular BAT to be made, please request it in the BAT Request Thread.