Sign in to follow this  
Easy Bakes

New Zodiac Sign?

28 posts in this topic Last Reply

I find it quite hilarious Scorpio is only 6 days long now.

Originally posted by: Ilikeseattle

So another change to Zodiacs? I wonder when Eris will enter. If Eris does not enter, I will just ignore Pluto and Ceres.quote>

Those are all dwarf planets, not constellations, so Eris will enter approximately never.

Seriously, astrology is for anyone who may feel that he/she doesn't want to control his/her life, and prefer to be a remote controlled robot 2.gif

And my zodiac sign is... Mr Cool 10.gif

It took me more than half a century to get to grips with being basically a hyperactive mountain goat and now I am told that I have been a "member of Zodiac, an evil group in the Marvel Universe"? Heck, they also claim this wobble has been going on for some time now (explains pretty much all the post-WW2 political events as well as the arguments and TV-ads about Macs & PCs), which means yes, it is retroactive.

Of course, if the WikiLeaks are correct then I am either a "Sagittarius serpentarius" - meaning a bloody bird, or a "Sagittarii", an overaged Roman with a bow and a hankering to get into the studio with Gary Usher.

Think I am going have a lie-down..

Relax, Doc, this only affects "star-crossed lovers".  I wonder what the Bard would think of all this.

The precession of the equinoxes and the instability of the zodiac have been around for millennia.  The Magi at the time of Christ must have had a different set of signs in the heavens notwithstanding the supernova they were tracking.

Originally posted by: A Nonny Moose

Relax, Doc, this only affects "star-crossed lovers".  I wonder what the Bard would think of all this.

quote>

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars / But in ourselves, that we are underlings", perhaps?

(Julius Caesar, I, ii, 140-141)

Who would have thought I'd see a quote by Willy here? Anyway, Moose, the star signs of the Magi were certainly different, they would have never considered the claptrap today's gutterpress invents. It used to be a hat that got passed around at the city desk, back in the 60ties, when I still fed the daily presses. Must have written a few baker's dozens of those darn horror-scopes myself.

Originally posted by: DocRorlach

darnned horror-scopes myself.quote>

My spelling fix.  I thought your were a journalist, Doc.

Horror-scopes puts me in mind of Miss Tinkham in Mary Lasswell's Suds in your Eyes.  If you haven't read this about three retired old dears, hit the library.  It is hilarious.

And for the benefit of those who have not rubbed shoulders with the fourth estate, a gutter is the space between columns in a newspaper.  "Gutterpress"!  Doc, you are in great form.

Oh yeah!!! I'm still a Pisces!! 9.gif

They say if your horoscope changes, your personality/attitude/etc will also change. So far my immediate family managed to keep their horoscopes!

Can you imagine those who got tattoos of their Zodiac Sign? (and it changed on them? :L)

Think about all those girls who got tattoos in unmentionable places.  Think about them as little old ladies in about forty years.  Tats are for fools and children.

Considering that the personality description for my last horoscope sign was unbelievably wrong, and the personality description for my new horoscope sign is also horribly wrong, I'm not worried about this one bit. If I want to typecast myself, I'll stick with MBTI.

Originally posted by: astronelson

I find it quite hilarious Scorpio is only 6 days long now.quote>

and, if you were born on Feb 16, you're both a Capricorn and an Aquarius

and, if you were born on Mar 11, you're both an Aquarius and a Pisces

and so forth.

WHAT THE HELL, suddenly I'm Pisces instead of Aries? Oh noes, I won't stand for this. I've ALWAYS been an Aries. I LOVE being an Aries. It actually fits me. Suddenly my sister is a Pisces too, and my brother is still one. My oldest sister, however, is suddenly a "Ophiuchus".

It's not like I really believe in astrology, but I liked being an Aries. It's the first sign in the astrological order, it's powerful, fiery, and, well, the description always kind of fit me.

*In a baby voice, with tears popping out* I WANNA BE AN ARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose I'll just ignore this change ever happened. Just like humans have always been very good at ignoring things. Just like some people ignore every day the fact that the people around them are not who they think they are, because they can't deal with the knowledge.

EDIT: False alarm, guys (and gals, like myself). It turns out that those changes only affect the eastern astrology, because they use the positions of the signs in the sky, while we have a "seasonal" system. So it doesn't change for the ones of us who live in the western world. (Check wikipedia, it's actually true.)