Sign in to follow this  
deathtopumpkins

Virgin Shores (4)

197 posts in this topic Last Reply

Well, it's back.

After taking a bit of time off from CJing, which included a good bit of SC4 time, I have finally gotten a region or two that will behave well enough for me to use them as a new incarnation of Virgin Shores. Development is coming along nicely on one of them, as anyone who is in chat regularly can attest. In just a short while (I guarantee by the end of Winter!) enough will be complete to begin regularly updating. In the meantime, however, enjoy this teaser:

snowtown.jpg

Photoshopping courtesy of Archean

Information will be coming soon on the interactive component of the City Journal, including Council elections.

EDITED 20110108 - polls added

EDITED 20110111 - polls removed

Awesome!!!! Can't wait till this goes full steam. And great job Archy on the shopping!

Nooo! I can't be second! I just can't be! D:

lol Welcome back Connorsky! Virgin Shores has always been one of my favorites here, and knowing it's back is awesome! 2011 is already becoming a good year! And that snow pic looks cool! I wonder who did that. 3.gif

Yippee! Virgin Shores is coming back!   I'd wouldn't be lying if I said VS was one of my favourite CJs 9.gif

The teaser looks great!  Nice one Mikey 9.gif  What's underneath the snow looks great too.  There's a couple of very nice BATs in in that picture there 2.gif  I look forward to seeing what the rest of VS 4 looks like! 

6.gif

I have always watched Virgin Shores since 2.0 and to hear there is a 4.0 6.gif

ZOMG. is all i can say. of course in caps because that's the most fun.

oh and nice pic 3.gif

About time! I was getting depressed without VS. I'm looking forward to seeing it new and improved.

It's gorgeous, honey ! Love the snow aspect of it, makes the trees really pretty... 36.gif 

I'm excited about the downtown bit; that's just fabulous from what I see. I like that there are two schools so close to each other (I'm assuming one is a high or middle school and the other one is an elementary, or something like that). The houses are also beautiful covered in snow. I like the yellow trees; lovely foliage in VS (must be early winter?).

I really like the snow (not that you knew that, or anything).

I'm excited to see my avenues that are gorgeous and I love, and the metric awesomeness (which I love too, as you know). This town is very realistic, thinks Ethan. And pretty. Yes. Very pretty. 

VS Fashion Police here I come... D:

Love it ! 3.gif

xox 

• Original Poster
  • Well well well... I am quite impressed by the reception I've gotten. I was missed! 43.gif

REPLIES:

Vince (Blue Lightning): Thanks!

Mikey (Archean): Thanks! I really have no idea who did that snow picture for me... 2.gif sure does look fantastic though!

Paul (psander5):  Aw, thanks! lol you would like the BATs heehee...

ComputerGuy890100: Thanks! VSDOT was busy clearing the roads in neighboring Annapolis at the time. This small town isn't their top snow removal priority.

nathanthemayor: Thanks!

cacks: Well I've sure excited somebody lol. Thanks!

Kenny (kj3400): Depression be gone!

Ethan (ecoba): Awww, thanks! 36.gif You are correct, one is an elementary and one a secondary school. And it is early winter. This was an unseasonably early snowfall for the region. The avenues and metric goodiness and fashion police will be coming later 2.gif

malibu_man: Glad to hear it!

Leech10: hmm... I need to reply to you more appropriately next time... Thanks! And no, we do not drive on trees. Except for the idiot in the news last week anyway.

Roger (Roger51): Thanks! 

Now on to the goodies. As most of you should know from VS 2.0, I like to keep this interactive, and the main way that is done is through an elected Administrative Council consisting of department heads. I will do the same thing in this CJ, and will be accepting nominations VIA PM for positions. Elections are tentatively scheduled for towards the end of January, which is also when regular updates should commence. Positions are open to anyone and do not require anything other than being a regular reader of this CJ who wants to contribute, and being available to aid in making decisions. Terms last for 3 months, but this may be shortened or lengthened depending on how things play out.

The positions that are going to be available are:

• Department of Transportation Head Administrator (approves/revises transportation proposals)
    • Department of Health, Education, and Human Affairs Head Administrator (governs over the living conditions of citizens and oversees schools and hospitals)
    • Utilities Commissioner (oversees the nation's electricity, water, and sanitation infrastructure)
    • Planning Department Head Administrator (oversees zoning and land use)
    • National Guard Commander-in-Chief (commands the nation's armed forces)
    • And any other custom positions will be considered.
    Please PM me if you would like to run for any of these positions, and I leave you with another teaser:

annapolisaug13431293935.png

I was a member of the council in VS 2.0, so I can testify that it was lots of fun! It's great to see it back. I think I'm probably too busy to run for office this time round, but maybe in the future. However, free from official duties I'll be able to make suggestions and proposals for new developments and pester the department heads with my ideas 9.gif

In any case, I intend to take part 9.gif

I was also a member of the council. Department of Safety and Defense was it? Or was that in Franklin County... I'm not sure. o.O Can't remembeh captain!

Anyway, I would like to run for a position anyway. And I'm sure you know which one I'll prefer. 3.gif

....OH! Yeah now I remember running for your last council, I made those pretty campaign ads. 9.gif And I have to say that Intersection is PURDY.

Kyon.pngKyon: Good, she's not around...

Kyon.pngKyon: So it was that idiot last week that left the tire tracks in the trees?

Kyon.pngKyon: The intersection looks a bit empty right now...

So I think I too shall run this time...

hfgjkhfjkglsfdg.jpg

I think you know what I want to run for 3.gif and i might have a new signature pic soon...

Nice avenue and sreet crossings 9.gif Its good to see development

I'd run for VSDOT head, but I'd hate to run against cacks. 28.gif His hard fiskked campaign might be a bit much for me 3.gif 

Nice intersections. Very round.

• Original Poster
  • REPLIES:

Adam (thepokemaniac): Thanks! I got your airport master plan from meister, by the way. I approve, and construction is slated to begin in a few months.

Ethan (ecoba): *is glomped* 36.gif Thanks!

Paul (psander5): I have no doubt you will. You really took that planning department position and ran with it last time!

Mikey (Archean): Yup, that was here. You're on the ballot for National Guard Commander. Thanks!

Leech10: Yup, that's the one. The tire tracks are still there? The area around the intersection's been developed now, just not ready for prime time yet. 2.gif

mightygoose: OI! Leave Ethan alone. 3.gif Thanks!

ImVhOzzi: Thanks! And yes, once again, I must thank Archean for his excellent photoshopping skills!

cacks: Of course! Nice ad, by the way... Thanks!

Kenny (kj3400): You could always run for another position... I have yet to receive nominations for Department of Health, Education, and Human Affairs or the Utilities Commission. I'm sure you'd do fine. 4.gif

I've received a good round of nominations so far, but as mentioned above, the Utilities Commission and Department of Health, Education, and Human Affairs are both still lacking candidates! Please, feel free to PM me if you're interested.

And now for today's teaser:

annapolisaug13431293913.png

P95 exit 14: S1 / Anna Pkwy

38.gif Your avenue overpass has a hole in it, just so you know.

Maybe I'll go for Human Affairs, or maybe Utilities. I might just shock you all!3.gif

(Metric) highways ! Fabulous, as always... 5.gif

Loving the daily teasers, I get to post here every day because of them... 36.gif

xo! 

Well, you know what I'm going for. And if I don't win that position, its official signmaker then. 3.gif

And I shall leave you with this

vssign01.png

And

vms_01.png

Since when did Virgin Shores acquire double barreled behemoths of a tank for their army? 3.gif Follomer will have to keep an eye on you then. Even though it was Follomer that sold arms to Virgin Shores for years. It's like the VS army is our baby. 4.gif

And i gotta say Connor that skin mod for the Elevated road pieces. GENIUS. I absolutely love em. And it looks perfect with your work as well. Although that T-intersection looks a bit funky monkey.