Sign in to follow this  
SimGoober

BAT Projects - SimGoober

2,796 posts in this topic Last Reply

Can you make plop a shop packs that you can plop the exact building you whant, and after i installed the flora pack required for Plop a Shop Pack it replaced my God Mode Tree tool.

• Original Poster
  • To make the plop shops so only the one you want shows up, you would have to make a separate lot for each one, which would add a lot of clutter to the menu.  Personally, I rarely plop anything commercial, I prefer to let everything grow.

And if the flora is showing up in your god mode, I am guessing you have some sort of mod that allows that to happen.  These are made as props, and I have no idea how to make them show up in god mode, that would require different coding I think.  Might actually be kinda neat if I could make it happen, and plan it out for that.  BTW, they don't show up that way for me....

Also, just a minor update.  The Opera House is 99% ready to  go.  I am waiting on Marcello to get back from vacation, to help with the final translations.  Once that is done, it will be ready for uploading.

I have had another series of buildings in the background for a while, and I should have them ready for Monday.  They are based on the Sainsbury series of grocery stores in the UK.  It is a farily extensive set, so it should keep everyone busy for a bit.

And, still under development....
    /idealbb/files/Captainhttp://www.simtropolis.com/idealbb/files/Captain%20Jacks%2001.jpg>
    Rendered, but needs a little tweaking.  Another week or two on this one...

Thanx for the update on the Opera House.Captain Jacks looks outstanding.Thanx for all the outstanding lots.1.gif

• Original Poster
  • The Sainsbury series is being uploaded as I type.  5 lots tonight... couldn't decide what lot to make number 100, so I just passed it by... 9.gif.

There is a new function in the query which is rather nifty.  The query tells you how many of each style of this one is in your city.  It's all LUA stuff, and Daeley did it, so I gotta give him credit for it 100%; he's a great guy!

Thanx Goober for another batch of outstanding lots.This will keep me busy until the Opera house is done.Oh and thanx to Daeley for helping Goober with these lots.

The New Year is starting out real good.Thanx for all the Lots it's made playing SC more interesting.1.gif

• Original Poster
  • FYI, I just posted an update to an older lot of mine : Petco.  I was never really happy with the texturing on the origonal pack, so  I tweaked them a few times, and came up with a result I like.  It should be active on the STEX in the next publishing cycle.  There are 3 variations; two are pictured on the STEX.  Here is the third:
    /idealbb/files/SG_Petco_V2_03.jpg

Thanx for updating Petco.How is the Opera House and Captain Jacks coming along?.Your work has been a God send to our cities.Thanx1.gif

• Original Poster
  • The Opera House is 99.5% ready.  I just need to package it up.  It will  be released on SimCity Brazil first, as it is for their contest.  I will upload it here after the judging is complete on the contest.

Captain Jacks is in final testing, on a lot and modded. I did some work on the query last night, to give it a little more life.  I'll wait for a couple testers to report back, and then schedule it for upload.

Here is something else I am working on...
    rubytuesday017dv.jpg

So when is this contest suppose to end?.Thanx for the update on Jacks and Ruby's is looking good so far.Keep up the excellent work.1.gif

• Original Poster
  • The Ruby Tuesday is complete and in testing.  I am playing with a couple ideas on it; using it as a test lot really.  I should have a working version ready in a week or two to put on the STEX.

/idealbb/files/SG_RubyTuesday_Nite.jpg

The SimCity Brazil contest is over in a couple weeks, so the Opera will be posted here then.  It will be on Simcity Brazil in the next couple of days.

Great Job on the Ruby Tuesday's, It looks just like the real thing. I also see your doing some coastal commerical buildings they will be very useful in my recreation of Jacksonville, Neptune, and Atlanitc Beach Cities Thanks for your hard work and efforts.

Wow,cant wait to see these new lots..On another note,I was in the sim city website and noticed your toys r us was in there...I thought you might want to know.I sure hope he got permission to do so..anyways,cant wait to see the new lots..9.gif17.gif

OMG, SimGoober, I have seen your work, and I must say, it's the best i've ever seen, being a $%&^! myself, I think you and Pegasus are the best one here IMO. I absolutely love Petco! I should add that soon....

Hey SG I was Wonderin If you could go back and remodel your Barnes and Noble becasue I think you could of done a better job on it becasue I live in the suburbs of Richmond VA and all of the Barnes and Nobles out at Short Pump are two Stories and so is the one out at Hull Street so heres a Pick to give you an idea of a better one.
    barnes.jpg align=bottom border=0

This is a great idea - plop-a-shop corner pieces. I wouldn't worry too much about road access, it would mostly be for the proper look and feel of the shopping center.

Chris...

Date: 12/18/2004 2:31:16 AM

plopshopcorner.jpg
    I just put some parks in the corner that I'm talking about, but I'd love to have a store there that wouldn't break up the continuous look. The only problem, the way it is, it wouldn't really be possible to have front road access. But that could be solved by running a road behind them like I did. Also, a corner piece would make a nice end piece.

I didn't take a pic of the outer corner situation, but I'm sure you get the idea.

So what do you think? Good idea?
    quote>

Wow talk about getting up and slapping a excellent designer like Goober.

You think the Barnes/Noble isn't that good well the community would love to see your Barnes/Noble lot not to mention the Motels,Hotels,Grocery Stores and all the commercial buildings that Goober has done on his free time.

These designers are improving your cities at no cost to you.So please show some respect or send them a PM.Thanx

Date:1/17/2005 2:59:37 PM
    Author:Simmayor8

Hey SG I was Wonderin If you could go back and remodel your Barnes and Noble becasue I think you could of done a better job on it becasue I live in the suburbs of Richmond VA and all of the Barnes and Nobles out at Short Pump are two Stories and so is the one out at Hull Street so heres a Pick to give you an idea of a better one.

quote>

I can't see you in politics. There  is a right way and a wrong way of saying things.

Guess which one you chose.

Eddie.

Date:1/17/2005 2:59:37 PM
    Author:Simmayor8

quote>

The B&N I visited in Albany, NY was also 2 stories, I believe.  However, I think these buildings (as well as most of these retail-types in SC4) can be imagined to be 2 stories on the inside, as they often look big enough on the outside.  That picture of the 2-story you posted, in my opinion, doesn't give any true indication that it's a 2-story building.

I apologize for being critical, but that just stuck out to me as being rude.

-Chris

the corner shop can be done by making one of the regular shops extend into the corner, of course you would have to have 2 of these lots to make it work in both positions, or you can make the corner extend into where the regular shops are.

Date: 1/17/2005 2:59:37 PM
    Author: Simmayor8

barnes.jpg' align=bottom border=0
    quote>

Real smooth Simmayor8. SG may very well be the best batter ever and you tell him he coulda done a better job ?
    Maybe YOU could BAT a 2 story B&N building and show him (SG) how to do it correctly. I'll keep an eye out on the STEX for your creation.