River Bow

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Welcome to my new city journal!

After several months away from Cities: Skylines, I'm finally back.

The biggest reason for my absence had to do with the insane loading time I was getting even after trimming off my subscriptions. I've been following the new Arrowhead Junction YouTube series by Fluxtrance, Strictoaster, and Freshpopcorn. They use a mod, Less Steam, which has done wonders for my loading screen time. I highly recommend both the series and the mod!

Anywho! This is River Bow. I wanted to go with a high desert, something along the lines of Southwestern Wyoming / Northeastern Utah. I grew up in that area and even though the land can be rather barren looking, I've always found it beautiful and lush. Just not in the "ten trees ever 4 square yards" type of lush. I'm using the Innsbruck Valley map with Owl's Los Angeles Theme. Innsbruck Valley had everything I wanted for a map: just a few small rivers and some nice mountains. I had fun turning the alpine map into a barren wasteland!

I fixed a few highways and added a "national road" highway in one of the canyons that had an unfinished 6-lane highway. I've found that using the mod, Move It!, has been the BEST thing ever for fixing uneven roads and adjusting for realistic slopes. I highly recommend it.

Entries in this City Journal

The Big Z

River Bow First Look

58abac900caee_TruckStop.jpg.ac0cf5ac48fff977c345e3c7933ae5a8.jpg

From the humble beginnings with just a small gas station pit stop for wear travelers, be they truckers or tourists, River Bow has become a nice pit stop on the way between Point A and Point B. Now a small town, the city is mainly gas stations and restaurants, but as you can see to the left, a small brick factory has popped up.

MainStreet.jpg.7404040ccde9182d808e9be49e220f8d.jpg

Main Street greets visitors with a variety of typical fast food restaurants, gas stations, repair shops, and an Auto Zone. 

Shady Oaks Trailer Park

Not farm from main street, Shady Oaks Trailer Park boasts a convenient walk to work as well as inexpensive living. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

58abac9152d49_ShadyOak1.jpg.39b069dbff1912b4006cff0e0b7ea321.jpg

58abac8e9beae_ShadyOak4.jpg.2cb9204b1ac0b2496e88d0fa6abd122b.jpg

58abac8dc6734_ShadyOak3.jpg.c742bcc896dce111651fa0697dee0bcd.jpg

58abac91c2b7c_ShadyOak2.jpg.97da83dac80036d5fb7be74bdb973bb8.jpg

I hope you've enjoyed this first look at River Bow. Feel free to like, comment, rate, and all that jazz.

Sign in to follow this  

Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

stexcollection-header.png

Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

More About STEX Collections