• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Reconstruction: July 31, 2010

Sign in to follow this  
sumwonyuno

Hello everyone,

We have reached the one year aniversary! I'd like to humbly thank you the viewers and the fans for getting us to this milestone. :)

I have good news. First of all, I figured out how to do nightlights! I can't believe how easy it was... Second, I was able to get SimCity 4 Deluxe on Steam, and now I can view nightlights. This means I can do proper testing in the game for a BAT. Third, I was able to figure out how to make custom, non-rectangular-prism LODs, so I can actually put cars on the parking garage and decorate the rooftop lanai. These are three important steps toward the goal of release a BAT for all of you to use in your own cities. I'm sorry I couldn't have made it possible as an anniversary present on anniversary day, but it will be available sometime soon. I'll have to learn how to do a quality publish to the STEX and the LEX.

I did not have any reference night shots of Central Pacific Plaza, so I had to based it off other nighttime Honolulu building pictures and available BATs. Here is the result:

20100730_01.jpg

20100730_02.jpg

20100730_03.jpg

20100730_04.jpg

20100730_05.jpg

The next update will almost certainly be a note from me telling you all that the complete final project (BAT on a lot with props) will be available for download.

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Well if it's Sumwonyuno, it's absolutely normal lol

Emgmod should watch this CJ if he didn't saw it b4.

Share this comment

Sky Guy:  Thanks!  Beyond perfection is the goal.  

Blakeway:  Heh, I'm sure emgmod has seen my work, since he is the closest "neighbor" to me on these SImCity forums.  

Share this comment

Blakeway: II've been following it since the start. :P

Congratulations on the BAT! It could look perfect in any city setting.

Share this comment