GRUNEN

Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Custom Content

Sign in to follow this  
n_wilson

This page addresses the technical questions of the SC4 region GRUNEN and lists most of the custom content used.

Style of Play

I will be playing after the natural growth principle. You can find a full description of that game-play-style here. Basically every step in this city journal will be done without pre-planning and in a role-playing state of mind. Not the best or the most beautiful city is the aim. I will be seeking for natural development and natural look.

I will also incorporate elements of synoecism, the process of villages joining to become a town. You can find a blog focusing on synoecism here.

The Region GRUNEN

I developed the region GRUNEN from a map of the greater Auckland region. I rotated that map and removed some of the water, as the region should not be an island but continental. Then I added a few island and broadened some of the rivers to allow for ferrys. As last step I equalized the terrain five times with the terraformer tool. And this was the result:

Auckland%20mod%203%20TF%20Rahmen.jpg
The region is 11 x 12 big city tiles.

Mods used

I have a conservative approach to custom content, normally using only pieces that have no dependencies or do use few basic dependencies. Also I liked to limit the number of mods to keep different regions comparable. For GRUNEN this will probably change, as I take this city journal more seriously than my SC4 games to date. The mods used for the region GRUNEN include:

General

Terrain and Water Mods

Buildings

Eyecandy

Dependencies

I will update the list as I add more custom content to my plugin folder.

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Dear readers,

now all the informational journal pages are online. Please expect the first real journal entry to come live in about one week (after my return from holiday).

Yours
Dr. Nikolaus Wilson, mayor

Share this comment