• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

SPECIAL EDITION - Rail Trip Day 1

Sign in to follow this  
emgmod

Huge Download list is coming after U-Build-It Special Edition (UBISE?)

U-Build-It Special Edition - Rail Trip Day 1

We start our trip by boarding the Southbound Adraman Local. Nothing very interesting here because we have seen this picture before.

us1-1.jpg

Somehow, the horses near this farm are attracted to the train, and have magically walked through the fence. Animal automata is(are?) awesome.

us1-2.jpg

A bit further south, the train crosses the Invernessen Railroad Bridge. Sometimes, the bridge and the Route 27 bridge get flooded during heavy rains.

us1-4.jpg

Scenic Wilderness. I should have made the rail and the road curve at different areas here.

us1-5.jpg

In case you were lost, here's a region view of where the train is right now. There is some civilization near the southern border.

us1-6.jpg

This is where I figured out that I can use a train generator instead of UDI to make pictures. The train passes a rest stop, and almost hits a truck passing it. The at-grade intersection here is actually illegally built by the nearby farm. All at-grade intersections in Illu'a must have flashy warning signals, or a person manning the intersection with a whistle.

us1-7.jpg

Here's how I'm going to make minor cities. The population of the next town is greater then 73. This is an old picture.

us1-8.jpg

At the start of the Evening, we arrived at the first stop in Newport, and unloaded our baggage. Although having a population 1/5 the size of Invernessen, there is a historical landmark near the town.

us1-9.jpg

There is a shuttle bus timed with train arrivals to take people to Newport Point. It's cheaper than taking MaxisTaxi to the point.

us1-10.jpg

We cross the Sparkling River to get to Newport Point. Most of the traffic on this bridge is either tourists or freight.

us1-11.jpg

The bus stops at the entrance to Newport Point. We have to walk the rest of the way up.

us1-12.jpg

The trail winds up the slope, eventually reaching the event of the night, the...

us1-13.jpg

Newport Point Fire ritual. 30 minutes of chanting, dancing, and fire for free.

us1-14.jpg

There's also a lookout where you can view the Sparkling River and the trees. If you look up, there are stars.

us1-15.jpg

Some of the people decided to stay in the only hotel in Newport. Others decided to stay at Newport Point and camp for the night.

us1-16.jpg

The plan for tomorrow is to eat breakfast at the Newport Cafe, then take a 9:00 southbound Adraman Local. If we go fast enough, we can get to Daloa (Second largest city in Illu'a) by the end of the day.

***I need from you today...***

-VOTE: How often should we stop and explore?

-If you have an idea for the trip, PM me. If it requires Plugins, send me the links to the plugins.

-Who wants to have a road town named after them?

-Any Plugins that seem relevant to the area we are heading to.

Sign in to follow this  

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Enjoyable cj! I love the concept.  Wish I had a contribution.  Do they provide product from the farm at the end of the canal at the Newport Point fire pit? 

Share this comment

***Replies***

Lordy Lord:  Lordside is a good name for a town. Better than my method of picking random locations on Google Maps.
AngelOne:  The replica ritual is only fire. Blame the Citizens Against Virtually Everything (CAVE) for not allowing farms to be part of the ritual.
seanmcelholm:  I'm not sure about the freeway, bot I'll get a town named after you.
Pathfinder-1:  Thank you.

Share this comment