Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Longfield

Sign in to follow this  
Mars250

After the visit to Tenason and a look through a magazine which had pictures of a town called Valent.

It looked very interesting from the paintings and such,but i won't going there for a while.

Today i was going to visit Longfield and i would also meet the mayor who was off work apparently.

So we begin.....

After coming by train and getting off at a village then coming to Longfield via the main road which lead directly into a suburb.

longfield16esub.jpg

And going across the bridge i came to this towering commerce sector.

Very High-Tech!."concrete,steel and glass".

longfield14commercial.jpg

With one of the brand new "top of line" police stations

WoW!..

longfield19police.jpg

Then i came to the city centre it was lovely but very old (it actually looked Victorian to me exept the towers).

longfield9towncentre.jpg

Very odd looking water-tower?

longfield11water.jpg

then heading south i found this old part of town 

longfield3south.jpg

And heading even further south (follow blue arrow) i came across this very nice park called "memorial park". I think it is called that due to workers who died in the mines there.

longfield6park.jpg

And after spending my lunch time there i went to the city hall to meet the mayor.

So here is the city hall which used to be an old stock exchange.

longfield30hall.jpg

So after 1 hour waiting the mayor came with a suitcase. 

(obivsously he had been away)

Then he took me to his office and threw a piece of paper into the fire after 5 mins of being there afterwards he pulled some pictures out of one of the drawers in his desk.

So he told me that before the 1930's this was a coal mining town but all the mines have gone and the factories have moved out or been replaced by High-Tech industry,

he also said that this town was founded by his great grandfather who was a buisnessman in the 1850's so through this his family became super-rich and still runs the town.

But after his explanation he showed me the pictures and explained about them a bit.

He told me this suburb was the newest of all.

longfield27nsub.jpg

(And i gathered that the tower was his house from all his blabbering on)

the oldest suburb originally built for the workers and it used to be rowhouses.(you may be able to spot one or two).

longfield20wsub.jpg

And he then showed me this tower which was going up in the commerce sector which was the only major project going on at the moment,also he said that this city was the regions second-largest financial giant.

longfield17cons.jpg

And after about an hour of continous talking he said goodbye and gave me a momento to keep,it was a picture of the whole city.

"very charming"he said.

longfield13oct401255956.png

So i left Longfield and headed towards port Waynen.

sry bout the wait i'd hoped for sunday but it took too long to make.

and i will now reveal the small suprise "did you notice the area around the city hall" (ok fine it was the embankment walls)

Hope you enjoyed!

Sign in to follow this  

2 Comments

Recommended Comments

Great update! I really like your suburbs, they have a great old european feel to them! Also, that building looks like its gonna be a real big one! Can't wait to see Waynen

Share this comment