• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Central Community

Sign in to follow this  
sumwonyuno

Between the two mountain ranges of Community Island is a wide plain, a fertile cresent. From Vaiarua to 'Eva, the islands' best farmlands are here. Agriculture was the economy between the mid-18th and the mid-19th century. Because of the boom years of Capitalis, government reforms and the shift to tourism, significant land was transformed into suburban neighborhoods.

central1.jpg

central2.jpg

central3.jpg

Vatiava is the neighborhood closest to the geographical center of Community Island. Although it is some distance to sandy beaches, it does have shoreline property. Lake Lisnow is the largest above-ground freshwater reservoir on the island.

vatiava1.jpg

vatiava2.jpg

The Olde Plantation is a world-famous attraction that tourists and locals always stop by when travelling around the island. Though plantations had been already around for several decades, a few years after the turn of the 20th century, a man named Olde would plant the seeds of Paradise's premiere crop, the pineapple. The rich volcanic soil and the frequent rain showers of Vatiava created the perfect environment.

olde.jpg

Besides its agricultural roots, Vatiava also has military ones. Two nearby installations, Coldfishe Barracks and Rhewlee Airfield both serve the Simerican Army.

coldfishe.jpg

rhewlee.jpg

Pirirani is the largest master-planned suburban neighborhood of Capitalis. It once had some of the most-prized farmland available in the islands. In the 1960's, the landowner of Pirirani decided that the switch to urban development would serve both the growing R$$ population and its own long-term financial security. The neighborhood boasts full K-12 education, hospitals, police, firefighting, recreation, retail and even a high-tech park. Nevertheless, an overwhelming majority of its commuters have to drive to the south shore for employment.

pirirani.jpg

Kunia today is a snapshot of Pirirani's past. It still has rich, usable farmland. However, toward the south, urbanization is encroaching.

kunia1.jpg

kunia2.jpg

Vaikere and Vaiji'o are suburban neighborhoods that were also previously farmland.

Vaikere is to the north of the P-1 Freeway. A golf course runs between groups of housing and creates a green belt around a retail complex.

vaikere.jpg

Vaiji'o is a neighborhood nestled in between the Kapetapeta Highway and the P-2 Freeway.

vaijio.jpg

The Central Community Regional Park is one of the newest public parks built by the City, and is among the largest on the island.

park.jpg

Vaijatu is a neighborhood with a plantation past. It was also a junction for rail lines from 'Eva, the North Coast and Central Community Island to Capitalis. Today, highway lanes replace the rail lines, and a sprawling suburban neighborhood replaces almost all of the farmland.

vaijatu.jpg

The Vaiji'o Peninsula is owned by the Simerican military. It has leased land to the City for recreational use. The Vaiji'o Soccer Complex is the largest of its kind in Paradise.

soccer.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

Your mosaic is AMAZING!!!!  Thats what you would see from about 10,000 feet on a airplane here in Ohio.  Great update!!!!

Share this comment

This demoniac day ends very well! Today were my exams and I had to go to the dentist... They destroy my mouth! :'( Well fantastic entry like always xD

Share this comment

The beauty of this CJ is just like looking at real aerial photos! You give an awe inspiring sense of the sprawling extent of human interaction with the environment. I am really at a loss for the right words to describe this CJ, but I always come here for inspiration. 5/5

Share this comment

tahill79:  Heh, looking at O'ahu (Community Island) from a plane in real life is an unparalleled experience.  I wish I took pictures to contrast with the game's region view.

Blakeway:  Thanks, and oh man that sounds like an unpleasant day.  At least you can still communicate with words if you can't talk.

DGtester:  Glad you've found this and enjoyed your visit!

naftixe:  Thanks, for your first comment!  And congratulations, you've figured out a major point I'm trying to make with this city journal (the natural environment and urbanization).  Nice to hear that you come here for inspiration!

Share this comment