• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

E Quadrant- Konowa Point- Part One

Sign in to follow this  
Jamonbread

callahornlogol.jpg

---Replies---

Dimipol006 - Thaks for visiting the empire, glad you like it! Aye you've got that right, although their habitat is a bit small, perhaps you would like to suggest a name for the new speices and i might integrate it into the journal 3.gif

Daan300 - Thanks a lot!

Naftixe - Totally agree with you there, I was going for more modern developments so I didnt really build the towns outward from the ferries but I see what you mean... I have some ideas for next time. Thanks for your advice!

---UPDATE---

Hello, and welcome to Konowa Point! Named after the Great General in the 15th Callahornian Conquest, It was established in 1776 and is right beside Hushenna Bay. The city has totally changed from what it once was because of a massive fire in 1908. The only building left was the town hall, which was saved by its expansive surrounding lawn. The city is quite modern and hosts a variety of dwellings and commercial areas. In 1909 to cheer up the city from the disaster it was given a district soccer team, despite its small size of 15,000 people, what is now 35,000 people. In 1949, the I-101 was constructed in Konowa Point which linked The capitol district with the East Quadrant. In 1960, Ferry Island District Part was established as a close getaway from the city, on an island in Konowas juristiction. In 1998, the stadium beach area was redeveloped to what it is today, with a renovated beach, stadium, parks, and residential towers. Today Konowa is known for its gorgeous beaches and Konowa Golf Links, which hosts the annual East Quadrant Golf Championship shown Empire wide!

Here is an overveiw. The large island to the top right is Ferry Island.

overveiw.jpg

Here is Ferry Island. Hikers can walk up the road to reach a beautiful veiw of the city, ocean, and if you squint on a clear day Hushenna Bay City.

ferryisland.jpg

Downtown, the old townhall clearly stands out, as well as Gelwyni pond.

downtown1.jpg

Here are a few pictures to the east of downtown, the quiet subburbs, stretched out on the point.

point1.jpg

endpoint1.jpg

Here is the famed golf links just steps from the city centre.

golfcourse1.jpg

A small subburb on a small jut in the land and another untouched island protected this time by the city. Those billionaries will just have to look somewhere else to build thier mansions.

littleisland1.jpg

The re-developed beach area. Great place to live...wouldnt you say?

beach1hj.jpg

And to the right, Rockpoint, a fairly new gated developmet overlooking the ocean.

rockpoint1.jpg

Finally, the of the West end of the city. The city produces all its own power here and has a strong manufacturing base as well. It even has a rail link to the rest of the region although seldomly used by travellers.

powerend1.jpg

Thanks for veiwing, sorry it may have been a little rushed but I'm tied down in homework right now, but I'll have another update tommorrow or Saturday, Thanks again for visiting the empire!

Sign in to follow this  

1 Comment

Recommended Comments