• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Seken - A tourists review of inner Katamegi

Sign in to follow this  
aj1996

seken.jpg

sekenmosaico.jpg

Welcome to Seken, gateway to Katamegi and the inner region. In this update, I will show Seken from a tourist perspective - from landing to takeoff.

It is 2:00 in the afternoon, one hour and a half into my flight from Osaka. After only the sight of eggshell white clouds and the ocean, the island has finally come into view. We are close - i can sense it.

windowviewseken.jpg

5 minutes later, we have decended and are now on final approach, our airliners wheels practically skimming the greenery and crops below us. Then, through the intercom - "Flight attendants, please prepare for landing." I brace myself. This is it - the moment i've been awaiting since morning.

clearedtoland.jpg

A few minutes later, we are on the ground. As i exit the gate and say arigato to all of the friendly staff, i look back at the plane. I can't believe im finally here. The feeling is overwhelming.

t1sekenkitemajuroairpor.png

Wow, only 10 minutes after arriving I have made it through customs... Thank god that it's much faster if your a japanese citizen!!! Anyways, I better check in at my home for the next night, the Marriot Grand Seken - Supposedly the nicest hotel in the region.

marriotgrandsekenparkin.png

myhomeforthenextnightth.png

Ok - After a quick clean up and a bit of roomservice at the hotel, its time to make use of my little time in Seken before I explore other places throughout the island. First, I think i may visit the National Theatre of Katamegi - as it is said to be one of the most amazing sights throughout the whole of Katamegi AND its very close to the Mt. Kitemajuro trail - a hike i have been long awaiting.

nationaltheatreofkatame.png

katameginationaltheatre.png

WOW! Amazing. Absolutely Amazing. Okay, Its getting kind of late so i better start the hike up to the historic emperor's summer residence now on the Mt.Kitemajuro trail.

emperorssummerresidence.png

summerresidence.png

Uhhhhhhhh.... So tired ;) 

The hike was beautiful but uncomparable to the summer house. Probably the most peaceful place I have ever been.... i mean, growing up in downtown Osaka is hardly quiet! Anyhow, i am starving, so I think I may just go back to the hotel and chill for the night. But to sign off, I'll leave you with some photos of town.

ruralfarmlandintersecti.png

peacefulfarmhouses.png

Well, that's a wrap for this update - Check in tomorrow for more ;)

Sign in to follow this  

3 Comments

Recommended Comments