• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

New SorGun

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Just Nominate!

SimCoug

This is less of an update than a plea to send in your Trixie nominations! Time is running out!

If you enjoy downloading from the STEX like I do, then you know there were so many wonderful creations that were selflessly shared in 2014. This is your chance to show your appreciation for the awesome content that keeps our city building hobby fresh and exciting. Have you already nominated for the main categories? Well then make up your own! Consider it a way to 'pay' for all the great goodies we get to play with every time we boot up our favorite city building game.

The same goes for the CJ and community awards!

It only takes a few minutes to nominate, and if you have trouble remembering, go ahead and take a stroll through the dozen or so pages on the STEX that encompass 2014. Need a few reminders?

Don Miguel came back last year with some amazing new content. In the nature department, released a state of the art tree controller while Girafe kept out cities green and beautiful. Partners in crime nofunk and Jasoncw kept me busy downloading, coming up with new goodies almost every month last year. Magneto had some incredibly useful content in 2014, and who could forget airman15's automata onslaught? Speaking of onslaught, Huston's slave BAT army uploaded more amazing content than you could shake a stick at (how else could he have made all that great stuff without some help?)! Reddonquixote... need I say more? IDS2 went retro with a set of amazing theaters and some amazing skyscrapers while Paeng dazzled us with his lotting magic. Wallibuk churned out some amazing historical BATs and FANTA1990 shared many of his nifty mods. Darknono, Seraf, Parisian and Aaron Graham kept the NYBT team well represented. had one contribution last year, but it was a doozie! FrankU and nos.17 kept us lotters in the game and Krio deluged us with more of his amazing models.

I apologize, I know I left many great content creators off of this little list, but I could have spent hours doing a recap of the whole year.

As far as CJ nominations - Ben's top 100 from 2014 is a good place to start! (and don't forget to nominate Benedict too!)

Ok... that's enough preaching for one day. So what is in store for New SorGun?

Well... lots... if I have anything to say about it. I've been working quite a bit lately on lotting, modding and laying the ground work for this CJ to start back up again. The mid 1880s was a time of great change in America and I'm going to attempt to capture much of that.

Along the way, I've been helping a bit with lotting...

From IDS2's amazing set of houses:

IDS2%20Homes%20first%20draft.jpg

To helping C.P. get some of his amazing 19th century BATs out the door:

CPChiPostOffice_2.jpg

...and another collaboration with TCD is in the works, but no pictures of that yet. Hopefully soon though :)

So to keep a long story short, I'm still around :)

vesterTrainCars.jpg

And big changes are afoot...

Steamer%20Bay%20Preview2.jpg

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Yes, help C.P. get those bats out the door and on to my hard drive. I have communities that require postal service. Also anything else he has lying around would be great too. He's not one to make stale bread.

Good update! Way to beat the drum!

Share this comment

Thanks guys :)

LOL - someone chimed in with a 2 star rating... aparently recognizing the work that this great community produces does not appeal to everyone :lost:

Share this comment

Oh dear! The city has gone Victorian. Iron horses and multileve brick buildings. I wonder what they think next...

A novice question. How do you make car dissapear? Steam trains are still there, so I don't think you have only adjusted visual levels.

Share this comment