Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Southern Hapton - A township of the A12

Durfsurn

In 1856 John Bourke Hapton set out travelling to look for a place to settle down far from the hustle and bustle of the city. He came across the area named after himself later and one of the places he set up shop was this quaint little township just of the A12 rural highway (I moved the invention of the car back 100 years or so to about c. 1795) near the Partial Y interchange that the A22 terminates - the interchange is now named the Bourke Interchange and it was known to be "Southern" Hapton after people settled 3 km north in Hapton itself.

This is the land John Hapton found:

TqHiKU4.png

A few months later a logging camp was set up and a small clearing was made. However due to the death of John Hapton it remained just a clearing for many years on.

UEtKXWh.png

Fast forward 5 years and John Hapton Jnr convinced the Rural DOT ( Eaton Rural Dept. of Trans {ERDOT} ) to build him a road that he could use to start a town in to start a buisness of his own. An at grade intersection with the A12 was put in and a small road with a turnaround stub was made. You can also see the rail line that would later service the town.

wTlLVFr.png

Fast forward another 5 years and a town was born. A major stopping point for long distance motorists this small town serves many drivers with gas, food and sleep. The Hapton's still run one of the rural stores in Southern Hapton to this day. (Don't mind the UDI icon I remebered to turn them off for the next updates ;) ).

KlugtAM.png

Thanks for reading. Next time I might put together a mosiac of the 4 large city tiles in the bottom right corner of the region that I have semi-developed and make it into a diagram - maybe I'm not quite sure yet but tune in next time to see what happens!

P.S. It's my 15th birthday today :party:

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

Happy birthday! :D

The pictures are cool and the idea and setting are nice as well, but to be honest, the 19th century vibe doesn't really come across over here. The buildings look too modern, which I guess is justifiable if you already moved the invention of the automobile back by a 100 years, but it just doesn't really draw me in just yet. I'm looking forward to the next updates though!

Share this comment

I was trying something out with filters - just messing around in GIMP - and made a short backstory to compliment the pictures. I don't usually do this kind of stuff and this CJ is my experimental CJ where I try to expand my MMP and rural setting skills :)

Share this comment

Gotta agree with Bipin here, it's always great to see some variation in presentation :) A nice update and looking forward to more.

Share this comment

Your pictures are kinda weird

Weird perhaps, but they set themselves apart from the rest of the otherwise humdrum CJs out there. I say well done!

I think the ton is too strong and marked, but Bipin is right it does offer variety, if KonstantinII is going to make comment like those, he should at least propose a solution!

Share this comment