• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!

SimLand

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bayoutte: Urban and Rural

Mithrik

REPLIES:

ggamgus: Thanks, if you enjoyed the meal, then I hope you like this one too!

nedal2001: Thanks for you vote, and the compliment.

dubaidude303: Thank you!

Altec: Thank you too!

Jetty Jockey: Thanks for the comment.

Huston: Thanks, the reason it's mostly empty is because we are in a huge plain, so not many trees grow around the area.

grstudios: Thanks, I know I am still learning, but I appreciate your comment. And I agree, CP made some nice countryside houses.

Ah! The good ol' fashioned fresh air of the countryside. How nice, isn't it? Well, hope you are ready, because we are just arriving to our next destination. Last week, I asked you to vote in the comments secion the way we should take in the tour. The options were:

North: Wellington

East: Bayoutte

With a single vote from nedal2001, the choice was made. Today we visit the town of Bayoutte!

We near the town early in the morning, just as the sunlight starts to bath the landscape with color.

bayouttemorning.jpg

At first it looks like yet another farming community, but, let me tell you, Bayoutte is anything but a copy of La Saye.

Just across the bridge, we find ourselves, not more no less than with the town. Welcome to Bayoutte!

bayouttewbridge.jpg

Bayoutte was founded in 1844, by a group of ranchers from La Saye that, looking for new lands where to build their own community, reached found themselves in this area of the Grand Valley. Here they found a lush, green plain irrigated by a couple of small rivers and a few creeks. Knowing this was the ideal location for growing cattle, they settled and so the town was founded.

bayouttetown1.jpg

Bayoutte's Downtown and Town Hall are in-picture. With a population of more than 8000 inhabitants it's the capital of the Eagle Country, which occupies a large part of pristine mountain landscape some of the eastern part of the Grand Valley. More than 80% of the people in this Country live here.

bayouttetown2.jpg

Closing of the Town Hall.

bayouttetownhall.jpg

Bayoutte is a town that is famous all around Alpena, because of it's ranching tradition around it. But most people don't care about that, instead they concentrate on the product of said ranching tradition: cheese.

Bayoutte is the home of the most famous cheese brand in Alpena, Le Frômage. Often called the best cheese of the whole nation, Le Frômage has it's main factory here.

bayouttefactory.jpg

We take a short tour around the factory and have a look at the work inside the factory. We are even given a free sample of fresh cheese as we leave.

Tillamook_Cheese_Factory.jpg

We continue our journey. We cross another bridge just past the Cheese Factory.

bayouttesbridge.jpg

Here is located the regional power plant, that runs on natural gas, and also doubles as an incinerator.

bayouttepower.jpg

More ranches along the area show that even though Bayoutte has been growing substantially over the time, it still has a very rural feeling. Ahead you can see a few pictures of the countryside, including some with cows, horses and other livestock that graze in the lush grasslands of the region.

bayouttecountry1.jpg

bayouttecountry2.jpg

bayouttecountry3.jpg

bayouttecountry4.jpg

bayouttecountry5.jpg

Today we finish early our tour. Hope you enjoyed the ride, we will now go to Inn. Next time we will travel around the mountains and see some towns scattered around the rest of Eagle Country.

See you next time!

9 Comments

Recommended Comments

The ranches look great, the town looks great, the power plant looks great!

I must say, however, that my favorite picture has to be of the factory - I loved it :)

Share this comment