SimLand

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

La Saye: Crossroads in the Grand Valley

Mithrik

REPLIES:

Blakeway: Oh sure you will.

ggamgus: Today is Saturday! Hope you are ready for La Saye.

k50: Thank you very much. :)

SimCoug: Yes, I am getting better at this, it's definitely because of the experience gain.

Sorry to wake you up at 3AM, but we have to get up very early to not get caught in heavy traffic while traveling to La Saye, the town we are visiting today.

Driving up the rural road to La Saye in the middle of the night, you can see a car now and then, but it's rare.

lasayeroads1.jpg

lasayeroads2.jpg

It's a two and half hour journey from Granite Creek before reaching this junction. To the north is La Saye, at just 15 minutes, while to the southeast is Storm City. We are going to take the north road as the sun rises.

lasayeroads3.jpg

You can take a look at the Ernst River, as we cross the bridge dividing the farmlands of La Saye with the rocky plains to the south that border the mountains.

lasayeroads4.jpg

The farms of La Saye are some of the biggest and most productive in the region. You can take a look at that tomato field, and that's one small example, as there are bigger farms.

lasayefarms1.jpg

We are finally here! Welcome to La Saye, folks!

lasayemain1.jpg

According to archives in the capital of Alpena, Queenstown, La Saye was founded in 1759 by immigrants from some unidentified Simmeuropean country. The people of La Saye were in favor of the Independence when the revolution started and remained loyal to the rebels until the very end, because of this, when Alpena was founded they were given the status of country (equivalent to a USA state). They retained that status until the boom in Storm City had them stripped down to one of the municipalities of the country of the lower Ernst, in 1922.

Still, La Saye is a bustling small town, and it shows on their small, but modern downtown.

lasayemain2.jpg

Modern houses with pools are located in the newer eastern neighborhood, this is the newest area in La Saye, and one of the richest.

lasayemain3.jpg

Now we keep going east, so you can see the farmland at it full.

lasayefarms2.jpg

Mmmh... this one looks familiar to me...

lasayefarms3.jpg

To the north, across another bridge is located the La Saye Gas Power Plant, it supplies the energy for the region.

lasayepower.jpg

Well, it seems that it's already dark again! Let's go the hotel.

A final shot of La Saye's downtown in the night.

lasayenight.jpg

This finishes off the tour on La Saye... but because we are at crossroads in the Grand Valley, because of the multiple destinations there are here, I will let you choose where to go.

Vote in the comments section for:

The north:
The agricultural town of Wellington and some trains.

The east:
The ranching town of Bayoutte and their nationwide-famous cheese.

Both options will in the end take us to the same place, but we can only take one alternative. The choice is yours, as for me, it's time to say goodbye, and wait for the next week.

See you next time!

7 Comments

Recommended Comments

I say lets see the ranch town!

As for La Salle - that is an impressive, lively little town :)

I loved how you set up the farms!

Share this comment

Wow, you've really made the rural countryside really captivating, even though its mostly empty...but it looks so real and very detailed! :)

Share this comment