• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Rail depot

chimeran

here is the bird's eye, not the prettiest in the world but i had to cram what i wanted into the smallest space possible

4afccdde.png

this is the anchor, believe it or not, everything is built around or in this case to the south of it's location

b5d6cbc5.png

the rail service yard directly below where trains are sent to be repaired

b4e36da6.png

here the passenger train cars are sent a little lower to be refurbished

dcb76621.png

the tank cars where liquids are loaded into railcars

e90fcf16.png

close-up of the trailers being loaded onto flatbed rail-cars

93daa659.png

some loading cranes

920b099c.png

another loading crane

7bc5adfc.png

naturally something this large will need it's own resources for power and water and to keep out thieves and make sure the place doesn't go up in smoke

dedicated fire station

9b58f482.png

a nearby water tower in case flames do break-out

0f774e60.png

the reservoir that is used to refill the water tower when there is a drought. there's a little bridge that the employee's can go fishing but i wouldn't trust anything caught.

820675af.png

on overflow channel system to keep the channel from overflowing it's banks

0cfa505f.png

the end of the line for the water supply with a windmill pumping system. (creator note, had no choice since i couldn't find a transition piece to connect this canal series to another so i could have a continuous canal system)

c24cd9a2.png

nicely secured power station that's on the city grid but can supply back-up power to the rail depot if the main power station's fail

9ff885fe.png

a police presence to maintain order and a small diner where the employee's can go and get a real hot meal instead of off the roach coach

3b39f990.png

and this is the local speed trap that the workers in the rail depot know about but people passing through don't (can you see it ?)

959b77f8.png

here's a better view

95ebd5ce.png

and last but not least the southern passenger station where new residents come through

fd9e62b1.png

those who have seen the old Wilmer CJ will recognize the basic layout and mostly everything is in place. the only thing i can't figure out is the dead grass around some of the rail lines. it only happens with certain lots. not sure if it's a bug w/the lot or the terrain mod which kind of makes the landscape incongruent but this can't be helped sadly. hope you enjoyed this installment :)

*personal note* big difference in image quality from the original PNG's vs. stripped down JPEG's. of course i can't tell when someone downloads the pic if they were uploaded to simtrop but i think the trade-off in image quality makes up for that fact. what do you think ?

4 Comments

Recommended Comments

[quote name='Jacob Guajardo' timestamp='1344831780']
This is nise I love the rail depot. Where did you get it from?
[/quote]

it's not one set but different lots put all together.
the grain elevator is a freight station (STEX i believe)
the rail service yard is from Pegasus Productions (i think)
the passenger cars i can't remember where i got them (STEX i think) search modular rail yard or rail depot
the containers are here on the STEX under containers and are part the PEG seaport series
the irrigation system is from SimGoober (STEX)
the water tower is from the forest series (PLEX or STEX)
the power station is from the SNM series (LEX)
the speed trap is under billboards (STEX)
the police kiosk (STEX) hi-tech police kiosk
the diner is from the STEX as well, search diners
and the passenger station is from the LEX

Share this comment

[quote name='grstudios' timestamp='1344852876']
This is great! All those great creations gathered together... Way to go!
[/quote]

these are all transit enabled lots meaning that they all have to be connected to rail lines to function properly and this isn't even everything i have either. this is the main depot and in the upcoming days i'll showcase the other ones i have (flying pig productions, etc.) for freight stations and other passenger stations (LEX)

Share this comment